Kimba had to go to the vets :(

Sarah

Noticed last night that Kimba's ear was really red, had a closer look and PHEW!! it stank :( Cleaned it out and massaged his ear to get more gunk out but it still wasn't right.

So, took him to the vets this morning and he's got a bad infection and there's puss in his ear canal :( My poor baby!! The vet gave him a steroid injection and he's got antibiotic tablets to take for a week and the fun part........I have to put ear drops in twice a day - ohhh he's going to LOVE me - not!

This is how his ear looks at the moment :( So red :(

gallery_3_2_175252.jpg

I have a great video of Kaiser, I didn't take him with me and he created such a fuss when i left without him :( He sat on the chair by the window waiting for us to come back and then decided to lay in the middle of the floor and howl!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Wait till he gets down from the chair ;)

Here's the vid - he gets off the chair at about 1 min into the vid :( poor kaiser :( never heard him howl before!!

4_TdZyVZFg8

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwww...poor Kimba, hope his ear gets better soon. You aren't going to be his favourite person for awhile. Just make Marc put the drops in then you can still be the good onesmile.gif

Bless Kaiser he doesn't like being left home at all.

LOL yeah i get to hold kimba then - more cuddles :D

When i go back to the vets next thursday - Sid from here will be at mine as she's coming up to see the greenday concert at manchester and said she can crash at mine as am off in the morning, she's gonig to take kaiser while i take kimba so at least he won't be sad again then will take them for a walk in the park to cheer them up after :)

Hope Kimba recovers quickly. Poor baby. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

Kimba say's thank you wooooo for all the well wishes :) He's had his tablets and his ear drops and is now sulking again :(

Sarah, did the Vet say what causes the infection, is it something that just happens, and that we must watch out for?

No , she couldn't see anything in his ear, no cuts or anything and he's not been swimming in any manky water either - so not sure what caused it blink.gif

She did say though that his ear was very open so it should heal quick smile.gif