What did you want to be?

Sarah

I was on course to become an officer in the Royal Marines until I trashed my knee the first time. Was looking to train as a mountain leader. Quite glad I didn't get in really because I would have been in the mountains of Afghan now and not sitting in the kitchen, getting the kids ready for school, drinking a cuppa and posting on here. Maximum respect to all of the lads and lasses who are out there and around the world doing a brilliant job.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to be a zoo keeper for penguins(mad on them!), but i was to not brainy enoughunsure.gif a midwife, but seeing a live birth i soon changed my mind!blink.gif

Ive recently done art and design courses, photography and hairdressing

Due to my hubby being in the raf i dont know anyone here and wouldnt have been able to set up my own mobile hairdressing as the insurance was shocking and without having any knowledge of the area and people i didnt stand a chance. To top it off the salons i applied for (50+) wouldnt give me the opportunity, and wanted very experienced stylists or a junior to sweep the floors and go through college.

Now i look after a lady with MS and Betchecs desiese, alls good but id have loved to persue hairdressing,...but crap pay untill you get up the top stylists

I always wanted 2 b a Marine Biologist (was obsessed with Whales n Dolphins) but when it came 2 leavin school my family lost all our money cos of the BSE crisis .

SO............... i joined the Army instead !! Was a Tele Communications Operator but like Rachael a man ruined it all.

SO................ i then became a HGV Driver and think i have worked 4 all of them Eddie Stobart, Morrisons, Birds-eye, Sainsburys etc

Now im an Assistant Manager of a National Electrical Wholesales.......... Life really doesnt turn out the way u would want BUT if it wasnt 4 everythin ive gone thro i would not have my 3 furbabies so its all good :)