Harness....

StacyVanDyck

Okay so I saw a few harness posts already, but I still can't decide on which one to get.

Right now, we just have a cheapy dog harness from the pet store. I can tell its not comfy for her because there is no padding and probably digs in to her sides a little. We wanted to wait to buy a good one until she was closer to full size. Kota is almost 1 now. We are wanting a harness that would be good for walking/running. (She is the best running trainer, and gettin me into shape!) I also want one that she can wear in the winter for pulling light loads (my girls on there sled lol). I also think I am going to get one of those bungee leash thingys, because, my arm and shoulder are usually killing me after a 2 mile run with her!

Ezy-dog harness for walking and maybe jogging

For jogging - cani-x or walking belt, 1 dog tugline (with built in bungee) and either ezydog harness or X back harness

For pulling - 1 dog tugline (with built in bungee) and X back harness

not sure of the link to ezydog but look at these sites:

culpeppers

snowpawstore

For walking an ezydog harness would do

but if it's for running you will need a harness with padding that provides protection around the shoulders and chest area of the dog

Neck fit is crucial if your dog is running as you don't want the harness rubbing off your dogs shoulders.

The neck opening should be tight, but not too tight. You should be able to put two fingers betweeen harness and neck for a good fit.

I'd recommened a canicross/walking belt for running and you can attached a bungee line to your belt allowing you to run hands free.

The walking belt is a good idea! Do they not hurt your back at all from them pulling though? Okay, so it sounds like I need to get a few different harnesses huh? I am also thinking of getting one of those bike things because we bike ALOT and I have never seen anything like those before.

The walking belt is a good idea! Do they not hurt your back at all from them pulling though? Okay, so it sounds like I need to get a few different harnesses huh? I am also thinking of getting one of those bike things because we bike ALOT and I have never seen anything like those before.

The belts are really comfortable

I use a 4 inch one and I wouldn't walk the dogs without it

The belt sits around your hips/back area and your using your weight to control the dogs and the bungee line reduces the jerk shocks to you.

No you only need to get one harness, I'd recommened either of these 2 as they can be used for walking/running/bikejoring/scootering

http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=155

http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=206

The belts are really comfortable

I use a 4 inch one and I wouldn't walk the dogs without it

The belt sits around your hips/back area and your using your weight to control the dogs and the bungee line reduces the jerk shocks to you.

No you only need to get one harness, I'd recommened either of these 2 as they can be used for walking/running/bikejoring/scootering

http://www.countryho...spx?product=155

http://www.countryho...spx?product=206

OMG gotta get one of those in Teal, love em!! :D

Need to buy a belt & line as well....gotta love internet shopping! :lol: