Little dog fight

badabing82

Hi All,

i like some expert opinions on this one =o)

so i took my 6 month old sibe to an off lead fully enclosed dog park as i often do and she was happily playing as she does.

anyway a 1 year old male terrier and her where playing and she was chasing him chaseing the ba they where the ball they where playing around for a good 15 minutes i was about 50 meters away and my sibe jumped on the other dog typical excited puppy the other dog snarled then she jumped on him again as i was running over to grab her they got into a bit of a scuffle luckily the other owner was smart grabbed her dogs legs as i ran over and grabbed Saki's rear legs her dog then let go with no real damage done we had a qucik chat said our sorry's.

I took her for some time out on lead for awhile 15 minutes or so i then let her off lead she went back to the other dog had a play then went and said hello to another dog. At which point they started to have a wrestle i pulled her off and decided that it prob best to leave at the point as the other dog came running back she gave her a nip. She's never shown any aggression as is well socialized since she was 8 weeks old and she's never displayed any aggression when i take her to the same park at least twice a week. So i just consider it her being over playful and the terrier letting her know she's gone over the line? and the nip at the other dog was that most likely her showing the first signs of aggression or obviously still rattled from what happend 20 minutes earlier?

thanks all =o)

lol had to laugh at this post .....ive had the same thing with mine, what everybody forgets is theses guys play hard / fight hard and ive never seen any husky start a fight only in defence ......and boy in 31 years of having dogs ive never seen any turn so hard and fast ........but that always been in defence ,

keep up walking with the outher dogs just as i do and soon enough they find the pecking order

This is my two "Playfighting"

They do this all the time. . .

It's all teeth and posturing and noise.

Almost never any harm done, sometimes they get a little overexuberant

but they always back off and stop if one or the other "squeals".

Don't worry.

gallery_1484_407_81205.jpg

Thanks i'm not overly worried i think the other owner was more scared of what i was going to do but i laughed and told her if she keep's pi@#ing off ur dog she's going to get put in her place =o)

prior to this i had a german shepherd who was very obidient and wouldn't say booo and at the other extreme a pit bull who i rescued who had bad dog aggression and took along time to get her to shake it. So i'm trying to make sure i keep on top any any potential problems but i agree it's amazing how fast it goes from play to fight haha!!!

lol had to laugh at this post .....ive had the same thing with mine, what everybody forgets is theses guys play hard / fight hard and ive never seen any husky start a fight only in defence ......and boy in 31 years of having dogs ive never seen any turn so hard and fast ........but that always been in defence ,

keep up walking with the outher dogs just as i do and soon enough they find the pecking order

If you look at my SIG pic at the bottom you'll see we have a white GSD

in the house she is our doe eyed little cuddlebunny, so friendly and sweet

outside though she turns into super protective guard dog

and will not let anyone other than other family members approach us or the two huskies.

This is my two "Playfighting"

They do this all the time. . .

It's all teeth and posturing and noise.

Almost never any harm done, sometimes they get a little overexuberant

but they always back off and stop if one or the other "squeals".

Don't worry.

gallery_1484_407_81205.jpg

the amount of times ive been outside with sky and kiya going for it like that and the pure shock on 90% of folks who rush in to stop them is unbelievable still shocks me now lol

Lol. . . yes to people who don't know dog nature it does appear as if they are trying to kill each other.

But anyone with experience knows the difference in the "sound and tone" if it turns from playfighting to "real" fighting.

body posture and sounds are completely different.

it is amazing to watch them play, i liken it to boys children, it stars out quiet then gets loud, but as soon as 1 gets a bit rough (for huskies that is) its all tears.

and yes the speed they turn is amazing, but if you watch you can see a few seconds before it turns.

there is a northern inuit down the park and suki and her play fine the all of a sudden for no reason we have managed to figure out it turns. luckily i can spot it just before it happens and can stop it.

i have seen it in labs as well both got hold of a toy and i said you need to stop that, and it kicked off, no one was hurt.

read the subtle signs.

Thanks all i think it was just normal play that got out of hand i could see it coming but the time but as i was a good 50 meters away i didn't want to sprint over and increase the panic so i just walked over briskly once we both had the rear legs it was over as fast as it started. I'm glad for the women's sake she did the right thing and grabbed the rear legs rather then try get in the middle of it.

Hi Mate, yeh this was at whiteman park 99% of the time it's fine and to be honest i've only seen 1 major dog fight and that was caused by an aggressive jack russell on another husky lol it must have been husky day or something as there where another 5 there today and you can guarentee if you stay longer then a hour over the weekend there will be at least another 1 or 2 that show up

Hi, What dog park were you at? Whiteman Park?

Yeah ticks don't seem to be an issue but they do get a little dirty! loooool

what time did you go i was there around 12 3 huskies where just leaving and there was a woman with 2 huskies one female quite small and one black and white male named max

Yeah I have finally started taking my two there. We went this morning and I will be there tomorrow morning too. I try to give them an extra run on the weekend.

We normally go to our local dog park in Ellenbrook each day.

Huskies very rarely fight big time unless they are pushed to far.

Buck was a very dominant dog with other male dogs, they showed him respect or he put them in their place, he was like a true alpha male, he never hurt a dog, just showed it who was boss. If they didn't give up immediately he used to look at them very confused with look on his face that said: 'are you dumb I've just shown you I can kick your butt if I wanted too'.

With our cats and other animals he was a big softy, I will have to find some pictures of him mothering some lambs, just to show what a big softy he was at heart.

Talon and Shaer fight many times during the day, running in and out, all teeth and feet, only time it truely gets rough is if he puts to much weight on her which crushes her. She really gets pissed then and shows him.

meesh