Opinions on my website please guys!

Sid_Wolf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sid do you have a paypal account ? maybe put a link to paypal on there or mention it just incase anybody want to pay with a credit/debit card, i'm thinking more for people who want you to pet sit over longer periods or dog walk on a regular basis, I think your site look awesome and your prices are really good.

Will mention on the site :) thanks guys :D

the site is very well done.i would perhaps rename the photos to reflect content rather than being called a string of numbers, or even take the names away.

apart from that i would contact you if i was looking for a pet sitter, looks nice

my thoughs anyway.

looks great sid - u shud do a fb page aswell ;) and link them both :P

question - its called furbabies but the site is called - http://happypawspetsitting.kk5.org/ so y dont u call it happypawspetsitting - then u wont get confused with gunge's site??

I expained that earlier in the thread, I called it happy paws at first, but after i made the page i realised how many UK sitters called that there were, there are loads dry.gif so i renamed it but i cant change the web address

Hi Sid,

The site looks great just thought I'd give you a little pet sitting advise tho.. You might want to apply to have yourself CRB checked so you can show proof you have no criminal conviction (for when you go into peoples houses) I have this just the basic one is about a £10 and really easy to do to give your customers a little more peice of mind... and alos you might want to look into insureing youself just incase anything happens to the animal while the owners away Iv heard horrer stories of people loosing a dog or it getting run over and the owner then trying to sue them! And the other thing is you must get the owner to sign a contract to say that while they are away you can take their animal to get any vet assistance needed and they will pay for it just incase again for your own protection, dont want to be landed with a vet bill for someone elses dog! Check out the website for National association of registered petsitters link they have alot of good info and advise and if you join they help you with the insurance side of things.

Hope thats helpful hon and good luck... You have very cheap prices so Im sure you'll get plenty of business once things get going! :)

Wow thanks Sarah hun!

I am going to get CRB checked, do you reckon a basic one will be good enough??

Im waiting on a quote for insurance now :)

Will check that site out, thanks hun :D

David - If you have a look now the pics are named more appropriately ;)

Sid, I really like your site. It's clean, it's straight forward, very, very easy to navigate. I did find what I think is a typo. If you go to the Home Boarding page, third paragraph down, starts: Sorry but we can not offer this service to dog aggressive dogs, . . . .

Don't know if it's correct in the UK, but in the US "can" and "not" are one word, not two as used. Also, "dog aggresive dogs" should be "dog-aggresive dogs" since the word dog is a modifier to the word aggressive in this application. It may not be an issue in the UK though. That's all I saw. Otherwise, the site looks absolutely great. Can't comment on the pricing structure, since I have nothing to draw from.

Hey Sid...looks good however I found it quite dark. Personally I love black and red together but I got almost a gothic type feel from it. Reading everyone else's comments this might just be mesmile.gif. IMO I feel it could do with a bit of a lighter feel to it.

As for pricing, I have used a pet sitting service for mine and she had different prices for different options. She would charge a larger fee for staying over and then progressively cheaper depending on the number of times she was required to come in. I personally think you are pricing yourself a bit lowunsure.gif. You need to think of it as you are charging £15 per day for the first dog, I am assuming this is the cost of staying at their place. If you break this down into hours spent you are doing this for very little money. You figure some dogs get walked 2-3 times a day.

So your time would break down something like this for the care of one dog for the sum of £15:

• 1-3 hours walking the dog
  • 1/2 -1 hour feeding and cleaning up after the dog
  • 1-2 hours travel time for each appointment (the more jobs you have in a day the more time you are going to spend travelling)

So breaking it down you are making between £6 and £2.50 an hour. You will need to figure into this the cost of your insurance and any other things that you may need to run your business, i.e. website and admin time.

Here is a site with lots of different prices, http://www.mutleycrew.co.uk/prices.htm#housesitting, for you to have a look at. I know it will be much more complicated pricing structure but you might attract more customers by offering 'cheaper' options.

Best of luck with it hun, I am a firm believer in pet sitters and it is the only way we ever get to go on dog free holidayssmile.gif

Thanks guys :)

Rachel im keeping the cost low as looking at ads for my area they're about £20 a day, and being cheaper i'll get the business ;) And tbh its not a hard job to do really, its all stuff i'd do normally :lol: will have a look at the other site to see what they say tho :)

I cant change the colour scheme, it was the best designed one of the templates and the colour stays dry.gif lol ah well

not sure on the spelling mazz, think you def right baout the dog-agressive thingy tho :)