New! Jeff&Duke Intro

Jeff&Duke

Hello first off sorry for the very lengthy post. :)

My name is Jeff and I have 1 husky named Duke. He lives with me, my fiancé and her 4 yr old son. We live in an urban area, but are active outdoorsy type of people and take Duke everywhere we go. A little about the story of how I’ve become a husky owner is when I was 8 yrs old a husky runaway came to my house while I was playing basketball outside of my house. Frankly scared the heck out of me as I thought he was a wolf (roll eyes). I ran inside and got my father and told them there was a wolf outside. He came outside and corrected me and told me it was a Husky. The husky had no collar, but was a black, gray, and white husky. He had sparkling blue eyes. We brought him into our backyard and I played with him while my dad called around to see if anyone lost a dog. Right then and there was when I fell in love with the breed. No one had last any dog that fit his description so instead of calling animal control my dad called some dog rescue groups. They couldn’t take him in but asked us to foster him for a couple weeks while they find a home for him. They gave us a bag of food and some used toys which was really cool. I named him Timber. It was me and Timber for the longest time I did everything with him and he followed me everywhere. Timber never left my side as we had him for 3 months. As a kid I thought he was ours, but my parents told me we couldn’t keep him as they couldn’t afford a dog and I was too young to be responsible for him. I begged and pleaded to my parents to keep him. However, 3 months the day he came into my court he left me to go to a new home. His new owners picked him up and I cried and cried to have them not take him. The lady, Julie, told me I could come over to their house to visit timber any time I wanted to. Still I didn’t want to lose him as he was my best friend. They took him to his new home which was much bigger then my parents. I visited him tell he past away which was a hearty age of 15 years old!!!!! The day he crossed the rainbow bridge was a very sad day for me we took him for a nice ride in the truck, to the mountains so he could stair at squirrels and dream of chasing them and soak his paws in a cool steam of running water. We took him back home and he passed on that night. The next week I was very sad. The following day I was walking around my neighborhood and I noticed two dogs pulling a man in a cart. As they came closer I realized that the two stunning, gorgeous dogs were husky’s and they went to the home right next DOOR! Recently moving into the home I didn’t know my neighbor’s so I went next door and introduced myself. I knocked on the door and heard that beautiful husky howl that timber use to do when I came to visit. A guy answered the door and I introduced myself and we chit chatted for a while. When we came to the topic of his husky’s I told him about Timber and how I fell in love with the breed. He invited me in too show me something. As I enter his home the two husky’s came and introduced them self’s. Packer, a all white husky with almost white eyes (very light blue), and Lizzy a beautiful black and white girl. As I walk more into the home I come to the kitchen and see 4 husky puppies sleeping on the couch, 2 others play on the ground and 1 all white husky at my feet looking up at me with sparkling eyes as Timber did when I was a kid!

I played with the pups for a couple of hours and had dinner with their family. They told me that they’re moving in 6 months to Tahoe and the recent litter one pup needs to be homed. They kept 4 of the huskies as they were getting into sledding and one was going to a family member. Hearing my story about Timber they felt that I should take home one of their puppies. As a new home owner living by myself and having the room the back yard, the time, and the financial responsibility I saw no reason not to take home a husky of my own. 1 week went by and I took home my husky Duke!

Husky(s) always seem (in my life) to bring out the best and always bring good fortune I swear. As Duke hit the 3 month mark I went to Pets mart to get a couple of toys. As I walked down the toy isle I saw a gorgeous women looking at some items. Duke was in the cart as he was too young to be on the ground (not all shots were done yet). She saw Duke and oooh’d and awed at him. We chatted and I got her number and went out on many dates. We started going out and this last February, Valentines Day, I purposed to her on the same isle with Duke carrying the ring (I know really corny!). Well now I have a family of my own and it’s all because of Duke :) like I said a husky just brings good fortune.

Pictures of Duke.

The day I picked him up. A little polar bear

1243968295.jpg

Little fat belly all tuckered out.

duke-1.jpg

Favorite puppy picture!

IMG_0173.jpg

More puppy pics

IMG_0174.jpg

Already learning sit

1243971602.jpg

Getting into trouble eating plants.

1243971986.jpg

Introduction to marrow bones and a raw diet

Duke004.jpg

Duke008.jpg

Husky barcode lol

1245178004.jpg

How to crate train a dog, and train a new girlfriend (now fiancé)

1245178457.jpg

Water Husky

DSC02401.jpg

5611_1043839756154_1830445239_95987.jpg

Little Freaky right?

DSC02402.jpg

Can’t be complete without muddy husky pictures!

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Strutting his stuff in his pack

photo-16.jpg

That’s really that comfortable?

photo-17.jpg

NEW present pictures

Backyard his DOMAIN!

IMG_0421-1.jpg

Camping pictures

CampingMemorial10030aa.jpg

CampingMemorial10014.jpg

CampingMemorial10008.jpg

CampingMemorial10010.jpg

CampingMemorial10005.jpg

CampingMemorial10082.jpg

CampingMemorial10083.jpg

CampingMemorial10084.jpg

CampingMemorial10038.jpg

Loves ICE!

CampingMemorial10095.jpg

Mr. WOO WOO

CampingMemorial10059.jpg

My favorite to leave you guys his pose. AWWWWWW

CampingMemorial10057a.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, welcome to the pack :wave:

That was a really interesting insight into your love of huskies, one wanders into your life as a child & it never leaves you.

Those pictures are amazing, seeing him grow up before our eyes, they're great! Thank you so much for posting them, they made me smile biggrin.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I always ask myself if Timber never walked into my life how different it would have been? Lately I've been telling Jen (fiance) that Duke needs another playmate she agrees and perhaps another husky in our life may come. However, I think she wants to go with a different breed. There's still much negotiating left! Haha.

OMG wow!!!

Added to rep for THE best intro EVER :up:

Loving the pics - Duke is an absolute stud!!! :wub:

Sorry to hear about Timber - my heart kept sinking as i carried on reading but then wow how amazing for you!!!!

Totally look forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing all about Duke :)

WELCOME TO THE PACK AND YOUR EXTENDED FURY FAMILY :D

What a brilliant intro, thanks for sharing. . . biggrin.gif

Duke is stunning,

and while you have been sooooo generous with the pics. . . .we could always stand to see a few more lol. rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the forums, don't be a stranger there is usually someone here day or night wherever you are

as we have members from all over the world, almost all time zones are catered for.laugh.gif

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Duke is so sweet, love the pup pics they just make your heart beat. Now Duke is grown up and still a stunner.

Peter

Jeff, by golly that was THE BEST intro bar none. Duke is an amazing looking Husky. There is something so special and so unique about Huskies, and it's so sad when they go out of our lives. It's also so rewarding when they come into our lives. Thanks for the great pics.