chicken wings

valkyries

For all you who feed raw, when you give chicken wings, whats the most you give ???? is there a limit or can they have as much as they want ????

Thor had 12 tonite then he stole 3 off Loki then had the last 3, so he's had 18 chicken wings and yes he could eat more xxxxx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy cow!!!!!!!! how many???? lmao

shiloh has around 3-4 at each time we give them to him- he has a mix or dry and raw now so he doesnt get them at every meal like he used to.....today he has had them once so i fink he had 4 tonite?

xxxxx

Our 3 get 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening, sometimes they get kibble midday(ish) or some other type of meat.

But I know they would have a carton of 10-12 wings each if they could

Blimmy lmao.........Akia will eat 3 wings with some raw carrot or peas. But must admit she still losing weight so was thinking to step it up again but doing slowly hope thats the right thing to do. She will have a cup of Kibble in the morning in a toy pyramid thing she loves it. She would just keep eating all day but due to having probs when i first got her was told by vet to go slow. She did put on 2lb but then lost it again arghhhhh. I will succeed....lol.

I am so excited about giving Mickey something new, he loves to to try new things, got to get some now....... (not so sure about the storing of wings in the garden for later though!!!! ) :) Only just trying to teach him the garden is not a safe for bones and toys :) :) :) If he likes them that much though, i bet they will get munched pretty quickly :)

Remember every dog is different ( amounts of excercise, metabolism) so one might feed more then the other. I have a nifty way of calculating the amount of meat (in lbs.) to feed your dog. First you need to know the weight of your dog. So lets say 55lbs for a male adult husky. Since its an adult we'll say its an active adult that is excecised 2-3 times a day. First we need to do some math. We need the dogs weight into ounces.

55lbs x 16 ounces = 880 ounces

Next we need to multiply the weight in ounces to the dogs activity percentage. For active adult dogs I recommend anything from 3-5%. For normal adult dogs 2% works great. Also you must always monitor your dogs weight on a raw diet to ensure he's getting the proper amount. For puppies it needs to be more since they're growing and have a faster metabolism. puppies I used when Duke was a put was 5-8%. So, 880oz for our male adult husky we will multiply this by 3%.

880 ounces x 0.03 = 26.4 ounces.

Now 16 ounces equals to 1lb. Which that (26.4) equates to 1lbs and .65 (half a pound) ounces of meat a DAY. Simple math works!

Hope I helped

Jeff