Hi!

sutsibe

Thanks to all for the welcome! I'm another one from Iowa - I live near "Austinville", who told me of this site, so you can blame her for inviting me! biggrin.gif I have 12 Siberians - 8 males, 4 females, ranging in age from a year to 13 years; most of them are spayed/neutered. All are varying shades of black/white or gray/white, and a mix of eye colors. They're from a mix of show and sledding lines.

I have shown in conformation and obedience, played around with agility, and love to sled, although I haven't managed much of any of them in the last couple of years. Mostly, I enjoy spending time with my guys - I like doing things with them more than I like competing. I am a former member of the Siberian club in the Chicago area, but dropped out when I moved away. This group kind of reminds me of the cameraderie in that particular club, which is nice to find!

My avatar picture is my first home-bred girl, Ariel (Ari) - one of the best friends a person could ever had! She was one of my early leaders, and (I'm terrible with gee/haw or right/left!) if I told her to "gee", and she knew I meant "haw", would look over her shoulder at me and positively laugh at me - all while keeping her line out and doing her job! She went to the rainbow bridge about 6 years ago, at the ripe age of almost 15. Her son, Shad, is my current "best bud", at 13 years... I love the intelligence of the breed - especially when it isn't being used against me!

WOW. . .12 !!! ohmy.gif

well done.

We have two plus one honourary and they are a handful. . . lol

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you must have a wealth of knowledge you can share.

Please post pics of your pack

and most importantly. . . .

don't be a stranger. . . biggrin.gif

Hi Gigi. Welcome to the forum. There's a few of us from Iowa on here. Wonderful intro. Ari sounds like she was very astute. Would love to see some pics of your pack.

Hiya, Gigi, welcome to the pack :wave:

How jealous am I?? 12 furry friends?? Wow! laugh.gif Don't you just love that about huskies, even when you get it wrong, they put you right!! tongue.gif Great intro post, by the way, all is missing are the hundreds of photo's, from Ari up to the present. You can post Ari in our Rainbow Bridge section, x

Welcome my friend! Sorry it has taken me so long to put in my two cents here!

I'm learning a lot from you and your pack and am so glad that you decided to join us here and that you find the site as welcoming as we all intend it to be!

Sarah - I live within a couple miles of Gigi so am VERY lucky! We began walking almost nightly and take a couple of the pack along with us - normally Rory and Tux. Rory is the soon-to-be momma, and Tux is as handsome and polite as his name suggests!