Skyla chewed 2 batteries

dogs woke me up last night at 3am :o so i went down 2 let them out back - went in living room n skyla had chewed the dvd player remote and chewed the batteries - she broke them open but i dont think she ate any - she seems fine in herself shes still eatin drinkin she still wanted 2 go on a walk n she is still annoying the hell outta blaze - but shud there b anything else 2 look out for??

she hasnt been sick - and she hasnt pooped yet 2day so i dont know if they are firm or not

Hey, Nix.

Skyla's a silly girl eh?

Ok here's the DATA sheet for alkaline batteries from Duracell

(doesn't matter what make it'll be the same info)

http://www.professional.duracell.com/safety_data/datasheets/pdf/Duracell%20Alkaline%20Manganese%20Dioxide%20Batteries%20(EU%20MSDS).pdf

have a look in her mouth, if there are signs of blisters or burning then best take her to the vets.

If not then she probably didn't ingest anything just make sure she drinks plenty of water to flush anything through.

Give her milk and inform your vet. I had a dog doing the same only in mixture with defreezing fluid. I know what to do here now but i don;t know englisch names for it. My girl been sick for a month starting the second day but do keep in mine i had to deal with a mixture so no panicking. With poisones things always inform when you do not know how much was taken in.

We got something named norrit. charcoal kinda tablets used for diarree bur has the good thing to protect the intestinals when eating poisones things for animals. I had to give saidi that and make her drink milk to flush any remainings away. No letting het puke cause that causes the fluid to go ones more trough the entrance en leave more dammage if there is any.

can't say my dog learned from it... she still ches everything she can find (so everything is hidden) that got batteries in.

As long as she didnt actually Swallow anything, and there are no signs of burning Ect she should be fine Nix, i read somewhere that if there are no signs after the first 2 hours they are usually fine. just keep a close eye on here and if there any change what so ever, take her to the vets......

see if u move skylas ears or press her paws does the tv change channel if so no need to worry u will have a very rare tv remote

Gareth. . . .bad boy. . .LMAO biggrin.gif