busy, busy

bwotring85

Hi, everyone sorry I have not been on in a few weeks been busy with trying to move back to Maryland,, we are moving back on the 19th of this month :D Neiko is doing good he is now 7 months old & he's getting very big....It's been in the 90's the last few days up here in PA where I live now......Neiko has been getting really hot and sick I guess from the hot weather...we been putting him in a nice cool bath....Is there anything else I can do to keep him cool?? and also when can we start to breed him (his 7 months old)?? Just thought I would drop a few lines bc of me not being on here in a few weeks....Hope everyone else is doing good :D and hope it's not too hot where your at...

good luck with the move!

Where's our pics? :D

With regards to breeding, if you had done any research at all you'd know the dog has to be at least 2 years old.. Please please please research so much before hand, just because you have a male, you still have a duty to assist the owners of the bitch.

Will you be on hand for the rest of the dogs life in case the owners can' look after him / her and bring the dog back to you? Are you doing it just for the money - if so, is it worth risking ?

You will also need to research your dogs ancestors as well as the bitch you want to mate with, as well as ensure both dogs are hip and eye scored - this helps to eliminate birth defects and also problems for the potential pups later on in life.

Sorry going off on one slightly there! oops but I just hate seeing people wanting to breed just because they want their dog to have a litter etc - there are so many dogs in rescure :(

ps am not saying you are one of those people was using it as an example as you've not stated why you want to breed or what you already know on the subject :)

good luck with the move!

Where's our pics? :D

With regards to breeding, if you had done any research at all you'd know the dog has to be at least 2 years old.. Please please please research so much before hand, just because you have a male, you still have a duty to assist the owners of the bitch.

Will you be on hand for the rest of the dogs life in case the owners can' look after him / her and bring the dog back to you? Are you doing it just for the money - if so, is it worth risking ?

You will also need to research your dogs ancestors as well as the bitch you want to mate with, as well as ensure both dogs are hip and eye scored - this helps to eliminate birth defects and also problems for the potential pups later on in life.

Sorry going off on one slightly there! oops but I just hate seeing people wanting to breed just because they want their dog to have a litter etc - there are so many dogs in rescure :(

ps am not saying you are one of those people was using it as an example as you've not stated why you want to breed or what you already know on the subject :)

Excellent post Sarah, Rant away. (+1Rep)

If owners want to breed, that is their right.

However it should be done responsibly.

Keeping them cool

Damp towels put in the freezer then let them lay on them.

ice cubes with treat in them

i know that the girl dog has to be 2yrs old to breed but didnt know how old the boy dogs had to be..I have looked on the net and what not about breeding..we dont want to have to get him fix with him being a full blooded husky....we have been asked by a lot of ppl if we wanted to breed him with there husky and we are like we dont know about this bc of everything that can happen and of all the dogs out there that need a home....and we dont want to do it for the money....were not like that.....just thought i would ask so if we EVER DO I know......and im not ready for it anytime soon with having a 4yr old- and a 2yr old , with moving & everything else that is goin on right now.....but thank you......

try giving him ice cubes in his water, a plastic pool to play in, wet towels.

if you really think you need to breed, you better get his eyes and hips scored and have a pedigree for him and papers for him being registered. no one is going to buy a husky with no papersdry.gif

try giving him ice cubes in his water, a plastic pool to play in, wet towels.

if you really think you need to breed, you better get his eyes and hips scored and have a pedigree for him and papers for him being registered. no one is going to buy a husky with no papersdry.gif

thanks i dont think we are goin to anytime soon....but i would like to know what it means to have his eyes and hips scored ???

its just to make sure theres no sign ov him getting any eye defects or hip displaysia when hes older - or that he might have this in his lines that he cud pass down 2 any future pups

is he registered? (has his kennel club papers) also think VERY hard about if you do want 2 breed or not - if not get him fixed - because intact dogs CAN (not will but might) get testicular cancer