Any husky owners in Oxfordshire?

MaryR

Hi, I'm Mary and I've just found this site. I have been the proud owner of a beautiful Siberian bitch called Zac (mistaken gender at 8 weeks but the name stuck) for four and a half years. As a family we have just moved over to the UK from Spain and we are reloacating to Oxford. I was wondering if there are any husky owners and/or trekking centres down in Oxfordshire as our girl just loves meeting other dogs, especially boys, and it would be great to be able to meet up with fellow husky people.

I'll get a photo posted of my gorgeous girl just as soon as I can work out how :)

Hi, I'm Mary and I've just found this site. I have been the proud owner of a beautiful Siberian bitch called Zac (mistaken gender at 8 weeks but the name stuck) for four and a half years. As a family we have just moved over to the UK from Spain and we are reloacating to Oxford. I was wondering if there are any husky owners and/or trekking centres down in Oxfordshire as our girl just loves meeting other dogs, especially boys, and it would be great to be able to meet up with fellow husky people.

I'll get a photo posted of my gorgeous girl just as soon as I can work out how :)

Hi, Mary, Welcome . . .yes there are a whole bunch of us here and around Oxford.

Where abouts in Oxon have you moved to.

We are having a Husky meet here on the 31st of July see this thread

Don't worry about the down tone at the start of the thread it gets better. . . lol.

Hey, Mary. I've just re-read that thread and it actually gives you a good flavour of how we interact on the Forum here.

We have a laugh and are best mates (most of the time) the only thing we take seriously is our Huskies.biggrin.gif

and. . . when you need help there is always someone here willing to lend a hand or offer advice.

Hey, Mary. I've just re-read that thread and it actually gives you a good flavour of how we interact on the Forum here.

We have a laugh and are best mates (most of the time) the only thing we take seriously is our Huskies.biggrin.gif

and. . . when you need help there is always someone here willing to lend a hand or offer advice.

Wow thanks for all the quick replies! We will be living in East Oxford - we are still viewing houses to rent at the moment and I'm keeping everything crossed that we'll be able to find one which pet friendly with a husky-proof garden - she has, at least outgrown the wanton distructive phase!

Thanks for the invite on the 31st - I'll still be up in Yorkshire and celebrating my daughter's second birthday on that day.

Wow thanks for all the quick replies! We will be living in East Oxford - we are still viewing houses to rent at the moment and I'm keeping everything crossed that we'll be able to find one which pet friendly with a husky-proof garden - she has, at least outgrown the wanton distructive phase!

Thanks for the invite on the 31st - I'll still be up in Yorkshire and celebrating my daughter's second birthday on that day.

Awwww never mind we are running them approx once per month, and we have mini get togethers almost every weekend depending on work commitments

We'll squeeze you in somewhere.

Can't wait to meet you guys.biggrin.gif

Hi and welcome to the site. Whereabouts are you staying in Yorkshire? We are from Mirfield, West Yorkshire and have mini meets every Sunday, would be nice to meet you before you move to Oxford.

OI !! Julie stop poaching ma peeps. . . huh.gif

LOL laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Great idea, It'd be a great welcome to the family if you could meet Julie and a few of the other northern members. biggrin.gif

but please. . .Julie . . .NO !

"Raaht then , well tha's only wun thing tha needs to do to become a proper member't forums.

Get this ferret down tha trousers, oh, bugger where'd I put the bicycle clips. . . . ."biggrin.gif

OI !! Julie stop poaching ma peeps. . . huh.gif

LOL laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Great idea, It'd be a great welcome to the family if you could meet Julie and a few of the other northern members. biggrin.gif

but please. . .Julie . . .NO !

"Raaht then , well tha's only wun thing tha needs to do to become a proper member't forums.

Get this ferret down tha trousers, oh, bugger where'd I put the bicycle clips. . . . ."biggrin.gif

:lol::lol: It would only be till she moved to Oxford - don't worry - thought it might be good to introduce her to some of the saner members of the site first! :lol: :lol: (only joking)

What are you trying to say about us northerners by the way???? very good Yorkshire dialect there Andy.

:lol::lol: It would only be till she moved to Oxford - don't worry - thought it might be good to introduce her to some of the saner members of the site first! :lol: :lol: (only joking)

What are you trying to say about us northerners by the way???? very good Yorkshire dialect there Andy.

Ay-up, I'm a Yorkshire lass myself soon to be dragged from the homeland daaawn south where my husband (a scouser) awaits. I'm in East Yorkshire.

Thanks for the great response and welcome and I just want to apologise in advance if I'm late in replying. At the moment I'm husbandless and working and looking after my daughter and finding time to keep Zac well walked. I should be collapsed in a heap by about now....

Will get my Zacky pic up as soon as poss as she so pretty yous'll love her!

Night night (how to add tired face?)

Btw I'm a new member so I don't want you to get me wrong - I am actually really looking forward to moving to Oxford and think it's a beautiful place. Don't want you thinking that I'm going to be pining for my flat cap and whippet too much ;)

That's alright, we all (well, most of us) lead bizzy lives.

so getting time to reply, can be the least of your priorities.

we're patient, we'll be here.biggrin.gif

Hope you can meet up with Julie (Sabresmum) and co.

hope you get your relocation problems sorted soon.

I am actually really looking forward to moving to Oxford and think it's a beautiful place. Don't want you thinking that I'm going to be pining for my flat cap and whippet too much ;)

lol Mary don't do it, i'm from Manchester an live in Oxford an every day i ask my self why lol