I'm over it !!!!

Sasha_Bailey

Hey all,

Just a little rant...had to get it off my chest!!

Everytime we go to a dog park or walk around the streets people always seem to comment on how small they think Sasha and Bailey are. blink.gif

I have read the many posts on here regarding standard heights and weights and Sasha and Bailey fit perfectly into these catergories.

The huskies I have seen walking around and at the park are either very tall or very over weight.

Sasha weighs: ~19Kg and is ~58cm at the withers.

Bailey weighs: ~24Kg and is ~60cm at the withers.

It just annoys me!!!!

Sorry for the rant... unsure.gif

some times people say things to get a rise out of you hun,

1) Are your two ok for you ?

2) Do you love them as they are ?

3) would you change them if you could ?

now i'm guesing thats a yes, yes and no, so ignore the fools they are your babies not theirs xxxx oh by the way they are also stunning xxxx

There does seem to be a lot over size breeding of northern breeds, Talon is over the standard hight for a Malamute (he is a mal). Why people want to breed over size dogs I do not know. Maybe it because people percive huskies to be bigger than they are. My first husky Buck was near the top size for breed but people all kept saying 'I thought huskies were bigger'

meesh

I always get comments on how small Nukka is and asking is she a baby (specially when shes stood next to Shadow whos a biiiig lad, I think might have Mal in him a ways back in his family tree) And she sounds almost identical to your Sasha... I think theres just a very common misconseption that huskies are these HUGE dogs so people are surprised when they see that their actually quiet small!

I always get comments on how small Nukka is and asking is she a baby (specially when shes stood next to Shadow whos a biiiig lad, I think might have Mal in him a ways back in his family tree) And she sounds almost identical to your Sasha... I think theres just a very common misconseption that huskies are these HUGE dogs so people are surprised when they see that their actually quiet small!

When people meet talon and shaer lots assume shaer is a puppy, in reality she is nearly 5 and talon is 2 years old.

meesh

When Kelly and I decided to consider a husky for our next dog we did a lot of research, however reading heights and weights is no match for seeing one up close for the first time.

At the time we had never really been up close and personal with a sibe and so when we drove out to Cambridgeshire to look at rehoming Kaiser a 2 year old that had been returned to the breeder, we were both surprised at how small the average size was. We saw all the breeders dogs, We too at the time were of the idea that Huskies were "bigger than that".

It didn't stop us from falling head over heels with the breed.

What stopped us from getting kaiser. . . Echo, we'd taken her along to see how they got on, and well some of you have met our gobby GSD. So no that didn't happen.

instead we looked for a breeder with a current litter available and well. . . we came home a few weeks later with Daughtry.biggrin.gif

yeah I know what you mean but I think a lot of people confuse Huskies with Mals, plus also when they see films a lot look bigger because they are raised outside and in a lot colder climate so the extra fur makes them look bigger. A lot of people think our 2 are small but Kiara is 25kgs and Orlando is 26kg so they are actually at the top end of the breed standard lol.

When we were at Formby beach the other week 2 old ladies thought Diesel was an adult Husky and all the other Huskies were pups lol!!!

:lol::lol:

You have GORGEOUS dogs, who cares about their weight or height? What they lack they make up for in the size of their personality ;)

Loki was HUGE as a puppy, 11lbs (That's 4.98 kilograms.) at 7 weeks old! He's now 35lbs (15.87kg) at 5 months, so he's caught up to himself.