Hello from Swindon

good afternoon.

progress report.

tried to leave him downstairs in crate - howled REALLY LOUDLY for good 20 minutes, i succumbed and moved crate upstairs to bedroom

steve laid on floor next to crate and sent him to sleep after 20 minutes, steve managed to get into bed.

1240am came the 1st whimper for toilet - carried him to kitchen and took him out good as gold, went wee.... 5 minute whimper about being put into crate but i laid with him before he's asleep i get back into bed (i carried him into crate and shut door behind him)

145am came another whimper - poo (getting runnier unfortunately) another 5 minutes whimper about being in crate but still laid next to him before he's asleep and back into bed for me

240am next whimper (both toilet and extreme runny poo now... stayed up a bit to cook some rice and put together some portions of chicken and rice ready for the morning... Loki fell asleep in kitchen so carried him and put into crate, no whimpering this time, but laid down next to him, he licked my hand thru crate before asleep within a minute. back into bed for me

450am next whimper went wee, again straight into crate massive flop down straight to sleep without a whimper, laid by him for a minute before back into bed.

6am next whimper for both toilet, went back into crate again without a whimper but a bit of fuss of the blanket, asleep within 5 minutes.

745am he's awake and went wee. got him his 1st chicken and rice slightly warmed up.... ate all of it. a good howl to say hello!

time to wake steve to look after him for 2hrs so i can get solid sleep!

he meant to have lunch at 12pm but he asleep in crate right now with door open but didnt make a sound about me picking him up and putting him in

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and Welcome. Our Husky loved having his create. When we moved we got rid of it and now he lays under the coffee table and dinning table. If you haven't yet (and you have the time) I would recommend reading The Art of Raising a Puppy by the Monks of New Skete, it helped us and was our inspirations for the out come of our puppy...and he came out great. No chewing, barking, whining, or begging. We are often told how well behaved our, now 5 year old, dog is.

Cheers,

Jenna

Hi guys new progress report:

last night crate was downstairs ( but so was I on an airbed and will be this week )

no whimper going into crate to settle for night

1230am the 1st toilet whimper - went wee perfectly. put him back into crate - had a bit of a moan about it for 5 mins but settled down

230am next toilet wee. another whimperish about crate but settled quicker than before

3am needed toilet again but poo this time - actually going more solid now after recovering from move, but as he's wide awake he wanted to play so he had half hour jumping around, over the air bed.... i put tv on to let him wear himself out... he fell asleep on air bed with me... i lifted him and put him into crate, back to bed about 410am

640am steve lets him out as he gets back from work. went wee & poo outside then got excited with steve playing, and had accident in the conservatory cos outer door was shut (bless!)

745am ready for a nap... he put himself into crate!! woohoo! :D how great is that? yeah ok it lasted 10 minutes whilst i had shower then he was asleep on carpet - lifted him into crate he had another 20 min before he was up again

he had vets today and had his 1st jab - such a good boy.... got nervous with the vet but soon warmed up to him trying to eat his pen... didnt whimper at all when jab was done

he had flea stuff put onto him too... got wormer tablet ready for tomoz.... was warned he mite be quiet for nex 48hrs - poppycock.... he bounding about playing normally altho he did have a good solid 2hr nap when we got back.

he learning not to bite... when he get my fingers i whimper back at him and he lets go and puts a paw on me to check im ok! how sweet is that? he had my ear earlier where i got a top ear piercing ( i thought shit! ) but whimpered and he let go.

overall brilliant so far

:D :D :D :D :D

hey guys...

need some help please.

did anybody else's pup suffer from diarrhoea and vomiting after the 1st pup vaccination? I also put flea stuff onto him yesterday too.

i was warned he mite be " off " for nex 48 hrs but wasnt expecting comlpete shits and vomiting through the nite

he laid on kitchen floor just now - normally he tries to get my earrings, but just looked at me pitifully and snuggled up instead. breaking my heart here :(

hi guys,

Loki seemed to have picked up a bit...

i did some chicken and rice for him instead of his kibble...

but i have left his breakfast meal down instead of taking it away = he has not long finished it all... kept taking little bites every now and then.

i managed to give his next worming tablet to him ( in a bit of chicken, tha tablet fell out but he still ate it ! )

:)

oh dammit!

:angry:

loki just wakes up from a 10 min nap now and comes running in from kitchen to my living room

i have got my airbed down ready with my duvet

lil bugger pissed on it !!

even tho i got up to take him straight out

he refused to come outside

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

but i cant tell him off cos hes my boy and follows me everywhere

we went to the gym for an hour at 7pm.... we can only guess he howled for the hour cos soon as we were back he was right by my feet in the kitchen whilst im cooking and straight asleep

im sleep-deprived but this pissed me off a treat especially when he knows to go outside cos i take him there everytime he wakes up

i was hoping to leave the raw stuff til he at least 3 months old which will be end of 1st week of sept

he gets next jab on 30th august so mite wait til he settles from that jab in case he reacts with squits again

his appetite has gone up a notch with these chicken & rice instead ! he whines for it which is a great response, just gotta hold him back and enforce the " sit " command before putting it down ( he did sit good enough for his dinner not long ago :) ) but defo polishing it off straight away

i just hope he not gone off his food - i may have jumped the gun a bit and bought 2x 15kg bags of the puppy food he was on so i hope he manages to go back to it

i am a bit worried about his squits still.... 2nd day running now and his squits are very very liquid like pee even and getting yellower every time... i want to phone the vets to make sure but i dont want to be embarassed if they say yeh its reacting to the jab, flea stuff and the wormer (which he had in the space of 24hrs)

hey peeps.

still worried about his squits... :unsure:

he's been on 2 days worth of chicken and rice so now trying to get him back onto his kibble - i did half rice and half kibble... making up 100g

he's eating it all which is good. the kibble is purina puppy beta lamb and rice flavour bearing in mind this is what the breeder weaned the litter onto.. the ingredients are shit !!

but his poo are still squit-like tho getting slightly more " together " if you kno what i mean :blink:

he got a new tag whic i put on his mini-collar that he has at mo - keeps trying to scratch it a bit... but looks very nice ! will try get a pic later

i just hope he starts to get solid poo soon. i go back to work at the weekend which i hate :angry: and just hope steve looks after him properly and not let him have any accidents at home! :rolleyes:

Stop the Kibble. . . .

Keep him on the Chicken and rice UNTIL he firms up and is firm for a couple of days. . .

THEN start reintroducing the kibble, but first as a treat, one or two bits at a time.

if he stays firm on the chicken slowly increase the kibble.

DONT feed chicken and kibble at the same time as the kibble processes through much quicker,

This will drag the chicken through as runny poo.

i agree with andy, stop the kibble altogether for now, just keep on the rice and chicken until it becomes firm, and once firm slowly introduce the kibble again...........

i also agree that you should not give both at the same time.

Hope it get better soon :)

rightio then, stocked up on some more chicken and rice...

lets hope Loki starts feeling better... he certainly enjoys the chicken and rice at least!

i'm gonna abandon the purina kibble altogether... see if i can a return on one of the bags at least...

i have bought a SMALL bag of james beloved instead.... will take your advice to introduce slowly like treat-wise and get him on that instead

im just kicking myself for not checking that ingredients list.... especially after researching on here not to get cereals filler crap! :angry:

UPDATE:

is it possible that the the chicken and rice is the cause of loki's diarrhoea??

i only ask cos he just done another poo and by looks of it, its on the way to being solid again? after 2x meals of kibble and rice today

rightio then, stocked up on some more chicken and rice...

lets hope Loki starts feeling better... he certainly enjoys the chicken and rice at least!

i'm gonna abandon the purina kibble altogether... see if i can a return on one of the bags at least...

i have bought a SMALL bag of james beloved instead.... will take your advice to introduce slowly like treat-wise and get him on that instead

im just kicking myself for not checking that ingredients list.... especially after researching on here not to get cereals filler crap! :angry:

UPDATE:

is it possible that the the chicken and rice is the cause of loki's diarrhoea??

i only ask cos he just done another poo and by looks of it, its on the way to being solid again? after 2x meals of kibble and rice today

Yes it is possible that your husky might no be able to process chicken, there are a few Huskies that do not get on with chicken, but very very few,

which is why we give this advice EVERY time for runny stools because it does apply 99% of the time.

Well done for changing from Purina, and checking the contents,

they market the product as a premium product and charge an appropriate price,

but it's essentially high priced high quality. . . crap. . . lol

wahey Loki had a more shaped poo early this morning....

and then was bloody hungry - running to the kitchen by his bowl stand and howl at me

fed him his chicken and rice.

had a play

bribed him back into his crate with 2-3 kibbles of the new JWB food...

just hope he has more decent poos during today

" poo watch " commences!

:D

• 1 month later...

Well.... Hello everyone...

Would peeps like an update?!

He's about to be 15 weeks old Sunday... and he's getting big (long body certainly!)... will get some new pictures up soon (some latest pics on facebook album) he's defo a mummy's boy! gets more excited with me coming in! ears back, tail waggin, and a soft throaty "ohohohoh"

Loves his walks! He gets a big walk/runaround at Lydiard Park once a week... and surprisingly he doing well on the off-lead side! we let him run in front a bit, then call him back with a treat waiting... the other day we let him walk in front a bit...then me and steve both turned round and started running in the opposite direction without calling Loki and once he saw us, he came running to catch up...

he sits lovely at the kerb waiting for a treat... trying to keep him from pulling... i have been doing the drop and turn (i have a 2m lead, keeping him short and when he pulls let go just holding the end of it so that as i've turned he mite get a pull back but then he comes back to me)

he absolutely loves his playtime with lexi - always SHATTERED afters as they cannot let each other rest for anything longer than a minute! will try get pic of the two together

he loves his attention at home... certainly looking to destroy anything within reach mostly newspapers and letters.... certainly my nice Animal flipflops... :( plastic bottles he loves too... put some kibble inside a bottle once and made him work for his food!! hehe... he goes mental for my cup of tea or the mug..

rvRkYYy9JrI

• 7 months later...

Just another update:

Loki is now 11mths old and a big boy!! Lots of comments when out walking about his size especially when thy hear he's only 11mths old!! Hehehe

post-5355-13586069740417_thumb.png

He is such a softy: i will go cuddle steve and he comes up with his ears right back, smiling and wooing gently, I don't kno if it's for me or Steve tho!!

Lexi is doing good now 13mth old, just blown her 1st coat!

post-5355-13586069741182_thumb.png

We have also been accepted as a suitable foster home for our local group (Wiltshire) I do believe the ringleader is actually a member here (Rachel)!!

We have just taken on Freya, a timid 3.5yr white bitch. A few growls and snaps but everyone settled in yesterday! Freya wanting to play, quite barky and Lexi quite submissive rolling over!! Heheheh quite a funny afternoon!

post-5355-135860697417_thumb.png

Everything's all good. Would like a more permanent member but we have decided it needs to be younger than Loki ( Loki has gone a bit shy n frightened like with freya about )

post-1904-13585966050727_thumb.jpg

post-1904-13585966051087_thumb.jpg

post-1904-13585966051389_thumb.jpg