Hello from Swindon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gemma, Steve and Loki!! Welcome to the pack, glad to have you. I'm no expert, and this is only the second Husky I've had in my life, but we chose to get our boy a harness over a collar, so it doesn't choke him, and we walk him on a sturdy leash, although a retractable is really good, too. (He broke our 25 ft one and we have to replace it soon) I would greatly encourage you to crate train him at night especially, and when you or another isn't there to supervise your pup-our boy has gotten me into the doghouse with my wife due to his love of chewing ALL her slippers amongst other things! Since the crate which they soon learn to like if not used as a punishment, we've had no troubles at all with Demon, he also displayed his ability to hold it and howls to be let out to potty which helps ultimately in their training-all around a good tool the crate. Hope that helps you-again, welcome to the pack:welcome5:

Thanks for ur response, but ever since Loki lost his puppy teeth he's been fine in terms of chewing and he's more than occupied with his rawhide and kongs with treats inside! I do not crate him, as he would sleep all night on a rug in the kitchen he has been doing this since 4/5 mths old and in the conservatory since the really cold weather about 6mths old. He will sleep in the front room with us until about 1030-11pm and need potty and wants to go "bed" in conservatory! He doesn't howl in the am as he has garden access for potty. If we lie in til 830 or something and one of us gets up for toilet across the squeaky floorboards of the landing, he will hear then decides oi you're awake come feed me