Site promotion ideas?

Marc

So guys n gals, I'm on an idea grabbing mission. I would like some ideas on how you think we should promote the site. We would like to (and we will) become the biggest husky site on the internet. To do this we need to start getting some ideas floating around on how we can both improve the site, and attact new members.

Any ideas are welcome. If you think they are stupid ideas, post them anyway. You never know, your stupid idea may be the next big hit.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on the business card thread was the idea of the car stickers. Being a training school we get our vehicles decaled up and Jamie has just had the navara done and our lorries are going to be done as well. I asked Jamie yesterday if they guy who is doing our decals did the car stickers and he said he does. So if you want I can ask Jamie to take your business card in and ask they guy how much it would cost to create it into a car sticker and for how many.

I was also thinking we could do fundraising for charities in our local areas and work alongside these charities on the basis that we promote them to adopt/foster a dog from them and they help us to promote us, if that makes sense?

Could also get some banners made up (another thing I could help you out with) and get ourselves booked in to dog shows, fun days, etc and set up a stall and have different things to sell, etc

Posted on the business card thread was the idea of the car stickers. Being a training school we get our vehicles decaled up and Jamie has just had the navara done and our lorries are going to be done as well. I asked Jamie yesterday if they guy who is doing our decals did the car stickers and he said he does. So if you want I can ask Jamie to take your business card in and ask they guy how much it would cost to create it into a car sticker and for how many.

think these are a great idea.. would gladly have them on my cars... especially for the amount of shows wife goes to ..

I was also thinking we could do fundraising for charities in our local areas and work alongside these charities on the basis that we promote them to adopt/foster a dog from them and they help us to promote us, if that makes sense?

I think the fund raising for a husky orientated charity would be fantastic advertisement as they are obviously all husky owners so they will want to join and maybe get some leaflets printed and put them in pet shops, vets, rescue centres and places like that!

Also I was just wondering if you could advertise the site on like an all about huskies type of site if you know what i mean!

I think the fund raising for a husky orientated charity would be fantastic advertisement as they are obviously all husky owners so they will want to join and maybe get some leaflets printed and put them in pet shops, vets, rescue centres and places like that!

Also I was just wondering if you could advertise the site on like an all about huskies type of site if you know what i mean!

Leaflets would be a good idea!

Sorry dunc don't know.

Just had a quick thought. On facebook you can add profile boxes for applications. Can you do this with the Husky owners group on there so members can add the box to their facebook page. Or even if members could add links to their facebook page, is that possible?

Sorry dunc don't know.

Just had a quick thought. On facebook you can add profile boxes for applications. Can you do this with the Husky owners group on there so members can add the box to their facebook page. Or even if members could add links to their facebook page, is that possible?

Yes, you can add the link of your Facebook page :)

Any news on the car sticker?

Just thougt of another idea, if can get an embroided logo with the website address I could put one on my bike clothes so people can see when Im on the bike and at bike meets

Also, wont be for a while due to cost, but when I get my GSXR600 I want to get my 3 boys sprayed/stickered onto the fairings and I could get the website addess added on if that would help, but as it will cost alot and I dont have my bike yet it wont be straight away.

I could also ask Jamie and his parents, if it was ok for me too add the link to here via our website, although it isnt husky related our site but may still help

another idea, could we get a newsletter thing going for members every month or so.

Could have many different things on there, like:

Latest news

Husky related Hints 'n' tips

News on meet ups

Husky of the month

How the site is growing (i.e. how many new members have joined in the last month or so)

Games (i.e. wordsearch, crosswords, colouring for the kids and big kids, etc)

Maybe hold competitions on each newsletter and then announce the winner in the next newsletter

Could even put a small section on there for any interesting, husy related, news articles or news on rally's

Joke of the month as well

Photos and info about any fundraising events or advertising that each member is doing

What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...