Site promotion ideas?

Marc

Having a group or "fan" thing on facebook is an excellent idea.

Also, as it sounds like someone is going to spend a bit of money on fliers and whatnot (new here, so I don't really know) , you may want to look into the facebook pay per click advertising, if only for a short time. I helped with communications for an org. I'm in last year and the most cost effective thing we did (other than word of mouth), was the pay per click on facebook. You do pay for everyone who clicks on your ad, but that will be people who are interested in the site. You can choose to have it only appear on pages with certain criteria for the user... Just throwing it out there. The cost depends on the options you choose and I think you can cap an expenditure per month, etc. You may want to start w/ just one month or even one week if you do it.

Also, how did everyone find this site to begin with? I found it when searching something about huskies on google and it was in the top few sites for the query. It was the only site I found specifically for husky owners that had a forum... I have seen a couple of others linked to on here now, though.

My personal blog hasn't been active lately (I've been busy w/ some paid writing work - woohoo!), but when I get some time to get a post about sneakers on there I certainly put a linky on there.

The only husky owers I know locally are the people we got Sneakers from and the owners of one of his brothers and neither of them are too internet savvy so I doubt they'd come on here.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found you through Facebook. Maybe if everyone tagged their Facebook page?

Also, if there was some really cute husky items for sale...The profits could go to Siberian Husky Rescue and also promote the site.

Maybe contact Husky Rescue organizations. They could possibly put a link on their wesites.