Diesel kept in the vets after being run over

Grumpy Busted

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Good idea Kelly, I know wen one of our dog had hefty vet bills we had both UK and US greyhound owners contribute towards the costs.

Peter

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Why the heck should you front the bill coz same HONK HONK who didnt see D get away scot free, also her insurance can pay for the stress to you.

If not apply for Judge Judy lol

Peter

Oh no, Big D :(

Val & Steve we are all wishing Diesel a speey recovery & sending husky, lab & gsd hugs, love & kisses you're way :( xxx

I have so much I want to say about that waste of skin in the car :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: just tell me where she lives & its sorted :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

All fingers and paws crossed here wishing Diesel a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully his size came in handy in him coming out well of this.

I'll wait to hear the "all clear" that he's better before I give my opinion of the idiot who hit him and left, but I'll say for now that you certainly handled it well, and I'm glad that you'll be able to pursue it with the authorities.

WTF!?! i hope she gets hit by a car someday and someone doesn't see her stupid arse and carries on driving without a care in the world. we need to get a thugish ruggish group of people together and play some dirty prank on her. Did she actually run him over with the tire? Poor baby :'o(

sending good health vibes over to Big D. def keep us updated on his condition. he really is unique with his curvy figure (LOL...just tryna make ya laugh a lil in a bad situation) and his huggable self. we all love him a lot for all that here......

Just got a voicemail from Gigi about this and quickly came to the shop to find out the details.

I'm praying that all goes well for Diesel. Do keep us posted as we're all concerned. I applaud you both for chasing down the woman and for holding her accountable. Shouldn't be on the roads anywhere if she can't see any better than that.

If you need anything at all, just let us know...we're all here for you.

*husky hugs*

<3 Becky

Wishing big D a speedy recovery from us.

How can that woman say she didn't see him, she would of heard him at least, a stray dog ran out in front of my wife's car a few years ago and she can still remember it as if it was yesterday and it was only a small dog, this woman must of been drunk or something, maybe she needs glasses and a hearing aid!!!:angry:

OK, I wasn't gonna come on tonight as I'm still shocked / angry / upset / crying my eyes out :rolleyes: and missing the big moulting ball of fluff like mad :lol: but when Steve was reading some of the posts out to me, I felt I couldn't not come on & say a big Thank You to you all from Steve, Myshka & myself - it brings it home just what a BIG family we have here!

I'm sure Diesel will be back home with us tomorrow, hopefully I can pick him up on the way home from work @ 4pm, and he'll have no more than a bruised ego - not even he can argue with a car & get away with it!! ;):P

We will have to wait till the police have been tomorrow night @ 8pm to see what the next step will be in regard to the woman driver who, as our witness put it "should have gone to Specsavers"!! It's not as if Diesel is a chihuahua for goodness sake!!

What happened was .... the 2 dogs were in the boot, Steve went to pay & asked me to get the dogs out of the boot & their leads were in there as well. When you put the boot up, the both want to charge out, but will sit. Myshka sat but Diesel wanted a wee & jumped out to the bush behind the car. He did a wee one way, but it wasn't enough so turned round & wee'd with his other leg lifted :rolleyes:. All the while, I was clipping Myshka to her harness. When I turned back to call D, he was sauntering up to the end of the bush, about 5' away, turned the corner & saw a grass field. Turns out he wanted a poop (we only found that out later :blink: ) so started to walk over the path. As he started, I yelled at him, causing him to stop in his tracks & look at me. The stupid cow drove (thankfully slowly at the time) along the path, she was a good 10' or more away when I yelled D but she carried on driving, hit him with her bumper full on the left side, knocked him onto his right side, then all I saw was her car turning away from me as she was turning into the overspill carpark. She paused the car for a second by which time I couldn't see Diesel, then carried on going forward with me screaming "No!" after her. I saw D trot away to the left & onto the grass & she stopped again - I thought "Thank God! She's realised what she's done" - no such luck, she just hadn't turned her wheel enough to swing round so had to reverse a bit then full lock on into the overspill. Diesel was trotting off to the long grass (to have a Number 2 :huh: ) and I was screaming Steve by this time, all over the car park! He ran over & I told him which car it was, the driver & her husband got out & wondered what all the fuss was over, Steve said "You realise you just knocked our dog over?" She said "No, I didn't see it!" :blink: He lost it with her, I told him to take Myshka off me & get Diesel, who was quite happily "doing his business" at the top of the field :unsure: & I went back to confront her. I asked her how the f-ing hell she had not seen him when the prat in a 4x4 next to her (not related) joined in telling me not to swear as he had children (red rag to a bull by that time!) Said something along the lines of "bet they hear worse than that in your home" & Steve told him, impolitely, to get back in his car! The woman driver carried on saying, I didn't realise I'd hit him (Oh, so you HAD seen him in front of you, then? Did he just vanish as you approached??) so I got my camera out as they weren't for giving any details ... she said Oh yeah, get as close a pic as you want - so I did!! :lol: I took pic of her car & the prat next to her (cos I felt like!!) then walked away to D. Her & her hubby got back in the car & drove out of the field & out of the Flash!

We walked D back to the car where he hopped in the boot & lay down on his side - not normal when we get to the park, all he wants to do is saunter off for a stroll. A witness came over to ask how D was (more than the driver did) & said she'd seen it all & watched in horror as the car drove into him. She gave us her details & was happy for them to be passed to the police. So we put Myshka on the back seat & headed for the vets. I mean, you KNOW when your dog ain't acting normal ...

So - now it's a waiting game - wait for the vet to call with (hopefully) good news and the police to call & take our statements.

By the way, the area we were in allows off lead dogs, it's only by the children's play area they had to be leashed & all Big D wanted to do was go the loo!

So, after this long-winded ramble, I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has posted & text me today, it's great to know how much Big D is loved around here & he will get a big hug for each & every one of you when he gets home! :wub: