Broadband advertisement

Marc

So I thought I would have my first mini rant as Ive not had one before in here.

BROADBAND ADVERTS ARE B*****X

Dunno what you get in other countries, but here in the UK Im supprised that some of them have not been done for false advertising. Today I recieved yet another letter this time from TalkTalk offering me "up to 24meg broadband" ... Now Im technically minded and I know damn well I aint gonna get nowhere near that speed because of the lines around here, how far we are from the exchange, the cabling in my house etc ... But there are people who will believe all the hype to be true and buy it.

SOMETHIN SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT IT

RANT OVER LOL

I agree, they advertise it as that but when you actually ask about the speed to your house its never as high! Plus talk talk said that there something or other was full to my area (technical speak that is!) and wanted to charge an extra £15 per month to supply to me!!

Well i said if you can supply me anyway why do i have to pay extra?!

What a con :angry: Would have cost me something like £38 a month!!!!!:o

I'm with virgin and had to call them up recently because mine stopped working ohhhhh my god i was on the phone for ages to a call centre in India eventually asked to be put through to the UK call centre and the guy sorted me out in 5 mins flat ........... just reset something at his end and it worked again !!!! anyway why i was on the phone he tried to upgrade me to 50mb broadband for and extra £15 a month or something, i pointed out i was already on 10mb but never get 10mb, he said exactly what Marc said well it is upto 10mb, i tried to pointing out if you can't even supple 10mb how are you going to supple 50mb ????? the guy said UPTO !!! I then asked what the minimum speed is on 50mb anyway long story short i said no thanks