No Pull Products?

Kroush

kk u got the no pull harness in pets at home which sas just ignored

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/stop-pull-harness-for-dogs-by-pets-at-home-14475

then i bought her a halti coller as nasty as they look they have done the job for me sas is like a new dog on a lead now

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/halti-dog-head-collar-by-the-company-of-animals-37019

me and linda (valkeryies (sp?)) use canny collars - they are great they dont rise up in2 the dogs eyes or anything (like most/all other head collars) and they work rly well - blaze pulls like a steam train but with this on he walks right next 2 my side :D

http://www.cannyco.co.uk/home.html - its expensive tho so maybe look on ebay or amazon??

obviously tho like with ANY training tool it needs 2 b introduced properly or ur dog will just fight it and constantly try to get it off (tho u probs know that already)

ETA - it doesnt rub the fur on/off his muzzle either - like ive heard others do

i bought the halti lead and my boy hated it from the first minute i tried it. he even bled his snout from tryin to scrape it off his face...even now a year on he hates us putting his harness on. presently using ezyharnessB)...it dont really stop the pulling tho...tried them all...its in the breed..born to pull.good luck, if u stumble on anything that works let me no!!

my trainer tried getting me to get embry a canny collar but my boyfriend doesn't like them and thinks it makes the dog vicious, but whatever to each his own.

embry has two different harnesses, for not pulling we use the premier easy walk dog harness, worked miracles

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751027&lmdn=Dog+Collars%2C+Tags+%26amp%3B+Leashes

hes got the nonpulling mesh harness

it's a nice harness but he does tend to drag me in it, but i do love it as a harness for when he's outside or on our way to the dog park

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3046157&lmdn=Dog+Collars%2C+Tags+%26amp%3B+Leashes

my trainer tried getting me to get embry a canny collar but my boyfriend doesn't like them and thinks it makes the dog vicious, but whatever to each his own.

why does u bf think a canny collar makes them vicious?? - my boy is the softest boy ever - he doesnt like other dogs but thats cuz he was attacked when he was younger nothing to do with the canny

why does u bf think a canny collar makes them vicious?? - my boy is the softest boy ever - he doesnt like other dogs but thats cuz he was attacked when he was younger nothing to do with the canny

i think it's because it goes around the muzzle and he doesn't want to make people think embry is a vicious dog

no1 thinks blaze is viscious - ppl have asked me what its for and i say its to stop him pulling but it doesnt rly but many ppl off because it doesnt restrict their mouth - they can still open their mouths with it on

yeah i've told him that, but sibes have pretty bad reps over here, for whatever reason and people always ask if he's going to bite them so he thinks having that collar will make peoples impression of him worse

My only concern is, as mentioned in the product video, as soon as she put him back on the collar, he was pulling again. So it really does nothing as far as training, or has anyone used it successfully as a training tool that helped to stop pulling even after the harness was off?

im still currently using my for trainin - but with a harness on blaze if he is on a short lead i can keep him under control that way (without the canny) but if he sees a dog i cnt control him aswell as i cud with the canny cuz he will lunge and i have tripped over him when hes dones that without the canny

i don't have a lot of experience with no pull stuff but i can tell you that the gentle leader didn't work for Smokey and me. we went through 3 of them in a single month. the nice that if you get it from petsmart (physically from the store) they will exchange it for free if it breaks etc. and you're right to be concerned about going back to the collar after using this. it probably will not work....

here is a link anyway if you want to see what it looks like. it has 5 stars cuz it does work if you can keep it on the dog. Smokey was smart and strong enough to get out of it every single time. and it wasn't fun walking with him while he was focused on trying to take it off.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751021

I went to the pet warehouse and put on the Halti no pull harness and it stopped him from pulling immediately, however, he's at an in between size :( The belly part fits him but the chest piece would not adjust to the right size for him.

for collar training, I've tried stopping every time he pulls, getting him to sit, then continuing, but he just runs and pulls again. I've also tried jerking on the collar and stopping when he pulls, but that didn't stop him either. (He's too young for a prong or choke collar right now.) I may have to try a different method. I was thinking holding food and having him follow in the "heel" position, but he gets really excitable around people and doesn't listen.