nose colours..?

adzi92

Hey there...<div>

</div><div>Quick question, i have gone out and about to have a look at some husky puppies around where i live and have notice that some have black noses, some pink, but also black with pink blotches.. will these blotches stay on their noses or will it turn black with age because all the adults ive seen either have black or pink noses...?</div><div>

</div><div>Sorry to be a dull question but had to find out somewhere haha x</div><div>

</div><div>Thanks</div><div>Adz</div>

it's called a snow nose, my Odin as patches at the moment, it will stay for a while then his goes black again, it's nothing to worry about it's natural xxxx

NoseShow-quality dogs are preferred to have neither pointed nor square noses. The nose is black in gray dogs, tan in black dogs, liver in copper-colored dogs, and may be flesh-colored in white dogs. In some instances, Siberian Huskies can exhibit what is called "snow nose" or "winter nose." This condition is called hypopigmentation in animals. "Snow nose" is acceptable in the show ring.[7][9]

Hi, Adam, not a dull question at all! I've found that Myshka, my grey & white, her nose is generally black, but sometimes, through lack of sunshine (e.g. winter) her nose will go pink - known as snow nose, the pigment in the skin turns it pink! But it has always gone back black again after a few weeks.

My red sibe has a liver coloured nose & it has yet to change from that.

Thats is SO weird you posted this!! I just looked at Tikaani's nose today & noticed his pink strip had gone.

He has a black nose which has had a pink stripe through the middle since he was about a year old but all of a sudden the pink has disappeared.

I didn't know why........ but now i do!!! Thanks for the info guys, thats why i love this forum :D