Money grabbing breeder

SarahNukka&Shadow

So confused! I know what shes doing is wrong and I want to talk her out of it but dont know how....

Now this also reflects slightly badly on me so please try not to judge me as I already judge myself enough and would never do it again!

When I had done my research and desided to get a husky I spent months trawling the interent and the rescue homes for my perfect dog... I ended up getting so frustrated with rescues telling me they wouldnt give me one because of my lack of expereince or my lack of another dog or the fact that I had a rabbit and many other reasons they fobbed me off, so started looking for a pup, I got scam after scam email and got frustrated with this too.

In the end I got so desperate I went to a local pet breeder... I knew I shouldnt have and when I asked about pedigree they had the mums but not the dads (He had been from an "accidental mating" with a rescue so couldnt be registered... I have no idea why she then discided to breed from him (probley cheaper than getting a proper stud dog). I asked about health checks eyes, hips etc she said she thought they were cruel and wouldnt do that to her dogs (again I susspect it was just expensive).

Anyway my heart over ruled my head.. I took one look at my Nukka and handed over my money (not cheap either for none health tested, none pedigree pup) But she at least had taken the pups to a vet and they had all their jabs paid for so I thought well she may be money grabbing but at least has tried....?

Anyway Im waffling... The other day I saw the lady who owns Nukka's dad and she told me the breeder is planning another litter the same!!! Same unreg'd unhealth tested parents! I really want to say something but really dont know how as I dont know them that well and I bought a pup from her so I am just as bad really!!! :(

Just had to get that off my chest and out there... I love my girl more than life itself and dont for a moment regret getting her (even if she turns out to have problems later in life because of this indiscriminate breeding) but I just feel really bad for perpetuating the rubbish breeding cycle and knowing that this woman is going to do it again makes me mad!! :( She was even encorageing someone that bought one of the pups to breed from him as well!! Luckily they had more brains and fixed him recently! Im sooooo glad of that at least!

ya can't blaim ya self sarah i'd be the same at least you have given nukka a loving home, who knows what would have happend to her if you had not taken her. As for the breeder unfortunitly there is nothing you can do to stop her. Thats just the way it is.

At the end of the day taking in a rescue which as you know i have two, we take a chace as i have no idea of their past if they ever had any health checks but i know i have given them a chance as you have with nukka xxxxx

While almost everyone on here (Myself included), echo's your sentiments.

When you discover that a litter of pups can net you a couple of thousand pounds.

(usually tax free, unreported, hush hush, cash in hand)

it's not surprising that they figure they can get at least 2 litters per year.

Whoo hoo, holidays paid for, car repairs n tax, big arse flatscreen TV.

Them cute little "accidents" become a nice little earner."

WE love our furbabies for pets, have them "fixed" and leave the breeding to those who know how to regulate the bloodlines to

keep the best, eyes, hip and temperament. etc.

Some people don't care about the "breed" they just see the £ signs.

daughtry's breeder had all the health tests done and we saw mum and dad.............

but the woman had 3 litters for sale and about a month after we got daughtry the breeder was selling all of her breeding bitch es.

i think someone had told the tax man about her little money making scheme, she had 8 breeding bitches and sold them all.

i think she had money on the mind and whilst she did health test her dogs she was obv using them to fund other things

Sarah, you can't beat yourself up about it, there's not many inexperienced wannabe husky owners who would have done differently back then, you have Nukka & she has a happy home. But we can only do so much to educate people & hope they listen, as Andy said, so many can't see what they're doing for the £££ in their eyes.

Sarah, unfortunately the world is full of people like this. I'm the same as you, I bought my first sibe, Sky from a pet shop, really shouldn't have done it, knew I shouldn't at the time, but just couldn't walk away from this skinny little thing, last one of the litter all alone in a big glass pen. Her parents weren't health checked, managed to track down her breeder, Sky isn't KC registered as her sire had endorsements against him, which apparently she didn't know about when she bought him. Poor boy, escaped, knocked down and killed not long after Sky's litter was born!

Anyway, I honestly think you'll be wasting your breath talking to this woman about not breeding. She's done it once, it worked for her, so I don't think anything that anyone can say is going to change her mind.

I'd love have a conversation with her though, just to find out exactly what bit of having their hips scored and eyes tested is cruel.

I look at it this way, yes, you probably shouldn't have bought a pup from her, but if you hadn't bought Nukka, where would she be now? She has a fantastic home, and no matter what happens healthwise, you'll look after her. Do you know what happened to the rest of the litter?

I know its a sad but true situation, its just going round and round in my head really desperately trying to think of a way I can talk her out of doing it again.. once is bad enough and with that litter I know at least 3 of the 6 have gone to good homes as I am in contact with two of Nukka's brothers and they are well cared for, but I worry what happend to the other 3 for all I know they ended up in rescues or worse as she really didnt ask many questions she just wanted the money.. and now shes doing it again!!! More pups to worry what will happen to!! I really just dont understand people like her! :(

I agree with all you say Sarah but until folk stop buying UN KC registered that have not had full health checks they will keep on breeding them I blame the ones that by them more than the ones that breed them.

I see them along the same lines as a thief he wont steel it if hes got no one to sell it to :angry:

shiloh isnt KC...we got him from a family in Dewsbury who owned both the parents..they are their family dogs- dad was KC but mum was not...when they bought cassie (mum) they got told she came with papers but they never turned up and the people who they got her off did a runner not long after- they tried to track them down but had no joy :(

cassie has now been done, she had just the one litter- shiloh being one of them :)

shiloh came with a complete puppy pack, and had his first lot of injections, we paid for the next lot...he had a health check at the vets before we collected him and everything seemed fine...our vet also checked him over and gave him the all clear so im happy

i am still in contact with them and i am hoping they will join here soon as i miss them lol....shiloh wants to see his mum and dad again lol

xxxx

Oh dear as if Im not depressed enough about breeders I just found this advert.....

MALE HUSKY 3 YEARS OLD STOODING

HE NICE AND PLAYFUL

WILL BE OK WITH OTHER DOGS

HES BEEN STOODED BEFOR AND WAS A GOOD SPERM AS THE BITCH HAD 6 PUPS

200 PER STOOD THNAKS

What is wrong with some people!???????? How can they use a life like this??????? :blink:

Oh dear as if Im not depressed enough about breeders I just found this advert.....

MALE HUSKY 3 YEARS OLD STOODING

HE NICE AND PLAYFUL

WILL BE OK WITH OTHER DOGS

HES BEEN STOODED BEFOR AND WAS A GOOD SPERM AS THE BITCH HAD 6 PUPS

200 PER STOOD THNAKS

What is wrong with some people!???????? How can they use a life like this??????? :blink:

omg they cant even spell! - stooding!? - he nice and playful (wheres the IS!?)

befor? was a good sperm!? wtf!?

thnaks

wth!?:angry: i really cant belive some people