water bowl digging

BingBlaze n Skyla

ok so a newbie posted that her female sibe digs in her waterbowl - me and 2 other posted that our females do the same thing

so question - is it only females who dig in their water bowls or do any ov u have males who do it aswell??

and do any ov u have different breeds (aka non sibes) who do this aswell - and if u do - male or female and what breed??

lets find out if its just a female husky thing - or just a husky thing - or if all ov our dogs are weird lol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mischa digs in her water bowl and her pool. She also hates anything to be in her pool, I put a load of ice cubes in and stand back while she picks them all out and puts them on the ground.

awwwww PLEASE can we have a video of that :D

Ohhhh and welcome to the pack xx

yeah, Meeka doesn't dig in her water, but my male husky, Leo, did when I had him. i figured it was to cool himself down cuz he was always warm. but he also blew bubbles, which i thought was the most hilarious, adorable and pointless thing, i loved it. he'd blow the bubbles with his nose in the bowl and then chomp at them, it was priceless :heart: laugh.gif

Mischa digs in her water bowl and her pool. She also hates anything to be in her pool, I put a load of ice cubes in and stand back while she picks them all out and puts them on the ground.

What a great idea! I'd bet it's like bobbing for apples! I'll have to try this!

Pongo doesn't dig in his water bowl and thank goodness he doesn't because he's got a 3 gallon self waterer because he drinks so much and it'd be EVERYWHERE if he did. He does dig in his pool though especially if you float a balllaugh.gif or shoot the hose at the water.

When Princess gets really mad, she will dig in the water bowl and spread it all over the kitchen. I have a kiddie pool for her and one day I laid it out. No water for a few days. Princess jumps in the empty pool and pretends to splash around. looks at me as if to say: Were is the water????:D

I have a Basset, a Chihuahua and Nikita.... she is the only one who digs in her water dish... I dont mind so much anymore... it use to drive me nuts. But it is hot here and she likes to splash the water out all over the kitchen and then lay in it. She is just lucky she is so cute. haha