Hello from Texas!

jessca122

[ATTACH]5458.IPB[/ATTACH]Hello from Texas!

My name is Jessica and I am the proud mommy to my 9 month old Siberian Husky Dakota (AKA Kota). He is my beautiful blue-eyed baby that I have had for 5 months now. I was blessed in getting him when he was 4 months old from a family that "didn't realize he would get so big!" and were completely overwhelmed by him. He had never even been on a walk when I took him in and the family did not even have a fenced in backyard, so needless to say he was full of ENERGY! After getting him some much needed exercise he calmed down substantially and now is a pretty good puppy, just normal puppy and husky problems. My younger brother has a mal/husky mix that Dakota gets to play with on a regular basis but there are not too many other huskies around down here in Texas so I am extremely happy to find a site with other owners! I look forward to posting and getting to know everyone! More pics will be coming soon once I have a little more time to load them!

post-1971-13585953842534_thumb.jpg

post-1971-13585953851366_thumb.jpg

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the Pack. Kota is a handsome boy. Good for you to take him and give him a furever home. More pics when you get a chance would be great. Look forward to seeing you around.

Hey, Jessica

Welcome to Pack

You've certainly come to the right place,. . lol

The forum is a one -stop shop for all info Husky. . . biggrin.gif

We have members from all over the world and a few from the Lone Star state. . . lol

Please shout if you need help, or give advice when you can.

Enjoy the site, we do. . . biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Jessica, I am in the San Antonio area! :D I agree there are not a ton of husky owners here. I bought my girl from a "backyard breeder" not thinking I would find anywhere else to get one. It was later that I found several breeders in the area and all over Texas. :D Welcome to the fourms, this place has been a blessing for me as a new husky owner. :D

Hey there Jessica and Kota! Welcome to the husky family!!! Why not pin yourself on the member map at the top of the page (the more people that do this the easier it is to find someone close enough to be buddies with!!) Have fun and if theres anything you cant find on here just shout up, theres always someone around with a bit of friendly advise! :D

hey jessica, welcome to the forum.

dakota is gorgeous, well done for taking him on, unfortunately not many people do their research when purchasing a husky and so buy a tiny cute thing only to watch them get bigger and bigger.

im sure he has found the best forever home with you and if you have any questions then post on the forum and someone will help you

kelly

Hiya, Jessice & Kota, welcome to the pack :wave:

We have a growing number of members owned by huskies in the States, it's great to see, and hopefully you are near enough to other members that you can join up & let the pups play together :D

Dakota looks so like my Myshka, I just hope he's not as naughty as he grows up! :lol:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I am so happy that everyone is so friendly! I am hoping that tonight after work I will be able to post some more pics. Dakota is the best addition to my life....I cannot even imagine life without him and I have only had him for 5 months! It is so true that they take over your life just like a child! I just realized in my original post I forgot to mention that I am a first time husky owner and first time dog owner. I know some people don't recommend a husky as a first time dog but luckily I had a little experience since my brother has a mal/husky mix and my Aunt had huskies as I was growing up. I still have alot of questions though and am looking forward to everyones helpful advice on the forums.

Yes, it gets pretty hot down here in Texas but he seems to do just fine with it. I wake up around 5:30 am to take him on a morning walk (before the sun comes up) and then his evening walk is normally around 7:30-8 (just as the sun is setting). That way he doesn't get overheated. As weird as it sounds, I actually think he enjoys the heat. During the day I take him to play in the backyard and he loves to lay out in the sun. I think he would stay there for hours if I wasn't so worried about him getting too hot! I am sure my San Antonio neighbor knows exactly what I am talking about!

This pic is from the first night I got him and he just turned 4 months old a couple days prior. It is amazing how much bigger he has already gotten!

post-1971-13585953865501_thumb.jpg