really worried - advice anyone??? :(

Tweddz

Basically , since getting Lunar her eating habits have changed - alot.

at first she was a greedy pup , resulting in runny poo everywhere , eventually found a food she loved and that agreed with her , she slowly started to eat less and less , she is a skinny bitch anyway - but i carried on doing what i was doing , following all the rules , taking food up after 20 mins etc etc , alot of untouched food but her weight didnt really change , still skinny but not losing any :S

the last few weeks she has not ate for 3-4 days , then gorged herself - then gone back to not eating - following this cycle - i thought maybe she is going to have her 1st heat? i dunno - but no signs of one. she has lost alot of weight to the point that i can easily see her hip bones and ribs through her fur :(

3 days ago - dioreahh started , about 4 cowpats a day - dont know where it is coming from as she hasnt eaten anything for 2 days???

last night decided to starve her for 24 hours to see if that would put her right

this morning ............. BLOOD in her poo!!!!!

rang the vets , taking her in an hour - has anyone ever had problems like this

Hey Alan, Blood in the stool can be caused by a few things if the blood is bright red, meaning that it is fresh then it could be hematochezia, this is when the blood is from the lower intestines. Or if the blood is causing the stool to be a black and tarry colour, then this usually means that the blood is coming from the upper intestinal tract, this is know as melena.

The causes of blood in stools can be various and they can range from minor issues such as a diet changes to severe cases.

I hope that when you go to the vets later that it is nothing serious and Lunar is better within a few days......

thanks everyone , especially Lupa lol

things went ok at the vets , she had 2 injections , her temp was high so one was an antibiotic and not sure what the 2nd was , she is on 2 lots of tablets , one to give her stomach a lining and the other a course of antibiotics

6 small meals of rice and white fish , which im happy to say she woofed down last night , and her breakfast is now cooling :)

will keep you posted on how things go over the next few days - if there is no improvement she will be having further investigations :(

she is eating which is a good thing. the second injection was probably to bring her temp down, i know paracetamol works for humans, which is why calpol has paracetamol in it, 1 its a pain killer and 2 it lowers temp.

i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you