Heya everyone

tjhinch

Heya everyone

My name is Tracy, I live in East Anglai UK, I am married with 2 children and now have the wonderful addition of 2 beautiful Siberian Huskies. I have allways had dobermans in the past but have always lusted after the husky breed, thinking i could never afford to get one

Star my Doberman was taken very ill last November and after a large operation was left very healthy, she was allways a nervous dog (rescue dog) so we thought we would get a pup in the hope she would get a new lease of life. We visited and picked Kaiser early December 2009 and were due to collect him on 12th Jan 2010 but in the New year i found a lump on her, this lump doubled in size in 24 hours, suffice to say got her straight to the vet, it was cancer, growing into her muscle, they could operate but would not be able to get it all so we decided to go with pain med and keep her comfortable untill the time comes. So I then spoke to the breeder knowing huskies were not too good on their own and she told me she still had his sister, so yes we decided to get two. Went to pick them up, 4 hour drive in the horrible January weather. Got Kaiser and Mishka home and introduced them to Star, it was sooooo lovely, Star decided they were her babies and for the next two weeks despite her illness, mothered them beautifully, unfortunately the pain got too much for the meds so we made the decision as soon as she had no quality of life, that was an odd day we took Star to the vets held her whilst she went, sobbed our hearts out and then home to 2 beautiful puppies, an odd stack of emotions. Kaiser and Mishka are now 8 months old and i really do think that the benefited from the short time they had with their adopted mummy.

We have been training Kaiser and Mishka with the commands for mushing and have decided that as my hubby is off work we are going to start training them to pull, so that will be fun, so any advice any of you have will be greatly appreciated.

Kaiser and Mishka are now the big loves of our lives, even my daughter who has been very indifferent to any of our pets is besotted with them, they are beautiful, loving and have fantastic personalities, i couldnt ask for more, oh appart from maybe another eight huskies but then my husband may divorce me lol.

Anyway sorry for the war and piece story of how i got my babies, I would have liked to post a couple of pics but i tried and they were just HUGE, so i will have to learn how to do that hehe

anyway, nice to meet you all, thank you for the personal welcomes and i look forward to chatting with you all

Tracy, Kaiser and Mishka xxx

Sorry to hear about you're dober i love them such misunderstood dogs an very loyal everything a husky is not lmao/ welcome to the site hope yo and you're family get everythinmg you need from all of us an help anyway we can should the need arise as well as any input you can give. Look forward to seeing you around the site and you have 2 beautiful sibes in you're possesion can i pry them away from you lmoa only joking

Enjoy the forums

Welcombe to the pack!!!!!

We had a shetland collie that had a cancerus tummer in his stomach. We ended up letting him go. its really hard. but now we got 2 huskies lol

Me and my mum do a bit of mushing with ours it really fun. we taught willow left and right by throwing a toy in either direction and when she went for it we said left or right. It works pretty well.

Luv Shantel

XXX

Welcome to the Pack Tracy.

So sad to hear about Star, R.I.P.

Never mind Kaiser and Mishka will keep you busy. . . lol

Any help you need just shout someone will be here to offer advice.

don't be a stranger, (lol nobody coulder be stranger than us lot!!) lol rolleyes.gif

Join in and have fun.

aaaaaaannnnnnndddddd post pics. . .biggrin.gif

Hiya, Tracy, Kaiser and Mishka, welcome to the pack :wave:

Sos orry to hear about Star, but I bet she had a wonderful last few months with the 2 furballs to mother, RIP, little girl. We have a Rainbow Bridge section, please feel free to post Star's pic & some memories of her

I have a Myshka & Sarah (admin) has a Kaiser, when they get together, the madness starts! Hope your two are better behaved:lol: :lol:

Look forward to chatting more with you around here :D

By the way, they are still a little young for pulling right now, please wait till they are over 12 months, they are still developing now & damage may be caused, carry on with the mushing terms so when they're ready, they'll know the commands without a second thought ;)

Hi and welcome to the pack :D :D

hope your Kaiser is better behaved than mine.......he's a total fruit loop laugh.gif

Sorry to hear about Star :( That's so sad and must have been heartbreaking :(

To resize your pics - google vso image resizer (it's free and works a treat :) )

Look forward to seeing you around and to seeing pics of your pack :D

Hi Tracy, and welcome. So sorry about Star. Not easy letting them go. What a shift to have two Huskies. You must be in furball heaven.