Anyone heard of ...

Val (Zebedee)

Simpson's premuim?

I had a delivery this morning of dog food & the courier said he has a friend in Wigan that makes their own food & distributes it. I've never heard of it, just wondered if anyone had or if not, what do you think of it looking at the ingredients, etc?

Here's the website:

https://www.simpsonspremium.com/index.htm

Be good to hear your views ....:)

ive never heard of it either huni......wouldnt even know what i was looking for so im useless and knowing if a product is good or not :lol: ian is the brains out of us two lmao...he deals with shiloh's diet.....im left incharge of the humans diet :lol: :lol: thats an area i am confident in at least......would be great to know how it was though :D

looking at the feeding guidelines - you've got to feed nearly double the amount of this compared to TOTW so it's probably not that great when you look at it pound for £ some good ingredients in it though

edit to add - i was looking at this "flavour" https://www.simpsonspremium.com/store/stock_detail.php?sku=100712

The first two ingredients are in meal form which is a plus.

The third ingredient is inclusive of water (at least 80%) once this is taken away the meat actually weighs about 20% of that and thus would be lower on the ingredients list.

Since there are three named meats and only two grains before the inclusion of Chicken fat, you can be confident this product contains an adequate supply of meat.

Brown rice and Oats - are of decent quality grains

Chicken Fat - is low enough on the list to not worry about

Beet Pulp - is a low quality ingredient and filler. It is a by-product, being dried residue from sugar beets which has been cleaned and extracted in the process of manufacturing sugar. It is a controversial ingredient in dog food, claimed by some manufacturers to be a good source of fibre, and derided by others as an ingredient added to slow down the transition of rancid animal fats and causing stress to kidney and liver in the process. We note that beet pulp is an ingredient that commonly causes problems for dogs, including allergies and ear infections, and prefer not to see it used in dog food. There are less controversial products around if additional fibre is required.

Egg - while it is not whole egg it is still a good source of protein and fat.

Maize - The use of maize (corn) is less desirable - corn is a difficult to digest grain that has little nutritional value for a canine, and is commonly associated with allergies and yeast infections.

Linseed - (flaxseed) is of decent quality for an ingredient.

Potato protein - which is derived from destarched potato juice - contributes to the food's overall crude protein level

Salmon Oil - Contributes to skin, coat and eyes. A good ingredient, but low on the list.

There is one fruit included but it is very far down on the list.