keep ur fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!

Lil Miss Bump

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fingers, toes, paws, and a pair of spherical semi-precious stones (lol) crossed . . . all for you.

Let me know when you get the job . . .coz it's. . . mighty. . . . uncomfortable. . . biggrin.gif

thanks guys!!!!

the job im going for is a permanent position within the council which would be really good for some security and a bit of extra money coz temping money is RUBBISH!!!!!

have made it clear that i want to carry on with the YJB (youth justice board) stuff that i do now. but hey ho we'll see what happens!!!

not happy............ both jeff and i applied for a permanent position where we work as our big boss of our contact centre had told us to keep our eyes peeled for it coming up on internal jobs............

we have now been told this morning by the person who's doing her job while she's on secondment that we shouldn't have applied as we're not techincally employed already by the council so our applications won't be responded to :-( not happy at all.

That's not fair, .. . .so you work for the council. . .but you DON'T work for the council ??biggrin.gif

not happy............ both jeff and i applied for a permanent position where we work as our big boss of our contact centre had told us to keep our eyes peeled for it coming up on internal jobs............

we have now been told this morning by the person who's doing her job while she's on secondment that we shouldn't have applied as we're not techincally employed already by the council so our applications won't be responded to :-( not happy at all.

Depends on the wording/specific situation of the job, and your labour laws.

I know that over here, we are not legally allowed to only advertise internally for a permanent position. Secondment's etc are fine to be internal only, but not permanent positions; as a government agency. If for what ever reason she's right though, I'm really sorry :(

yeah they've now confirmed that we can't apply.

we work for agencies temping and they're not taking on any external people at the moment as there is a freeze on...but they're willing to take 12 people from around the council to fill these jobs.....bizzare!!!!

ach well back to the drawing board.....wonder if my contract will get renewed in august.......