keep ur fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!

Lil Miss Bump

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im more bothered about jeff than myself as he needs a permanent job for his visa application........at least with me i dont have that to worry about........im hoping they renew my contract again, if not i hope i can pick up more prison hours (well i hope i can pick that up anyway!!!) but we'll see........what will be will be

I would've thought it would make more sense to have permanent people on staff rather than temps. Not because of any differences in work, but don't companies end up paying more for temp staff than permanent ones? So, why don't they take you on then they wouldn't have to pay the agency? :(

I work for BMW at the MINI plant in oxford and we have over 400 temps.

If BMW decide they no longer need 400 and only need 300 temps, they simply say to the agency.

"As of TOMORROW we only need 300 . . . please sort it out" and overnight 100 people can lose thier jobs.

because they are not employed directly by BMW but by the Agency it is up to the agency to then find the "removed"100 people, other jobs.

and

from BMW's point of view THEY don't have to go through the VERY lengthy and EXPENSIVE process that they HAVE to go through with contracted permanent workers

to either find someone to sack. . .or make redundant.

YES BMW pay as much or even more to the agency for agency workers (not that the workers see much of that money !!)

It is a horrible system but from a business point of view it is. . . erm. . . . more efficient sad.gif

I think it's one of those 'swings and roundabout' things.

Companies pay more for angency workers, but they are easier to fire/sack/let go.

But then again, companies don't have to pay agency workers benefits or the same type of commisions that they pay to permanent workers (at least, they don't where I work).

Diz, only just seen this post, I'm so sorry to hear your news, it's like that in our place, they won't take on agency staff that have been doing the job for years & have proven themselves, but take on 10 new agents at a cost of £1,000 minimum each to train who could potentially leave at any time (and they invariably do, call centres are renowned for fast turnover in staff) - senseless :(