Carpet or Laminate/Wood

Sarah

Ok so we're all in the same boat - when it rains they come in full of mud yuk when they're blowing their coats it's like its snowing

Sooooo

What flooring do you have in your house - Wood/Laminate or Carpet?

If Carpet how do you clean it / hoover it (don't say with a hoover ffs lol) Do you have to use the dog brush to get the hair off the carpet?

If laminate what's the best way you've found to brush up - i use a normal brush but the hair sticks to the bristles and swishes everywhere

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have laminate. it's easier on the allergies even though it feels like it is higher maintenance. i have a setting on my vacuum that does hard floors and it works decently but every once in a while i broom and get down on my hands and knees and run a towel and some kind of cleaner over the ENTIRE area (stairs, kitchen, family room and living room) :(

all the bedrooms, hallways, living room and stairs are carpet, the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen are laminate. We have a hand vac thats a "pet eraser" and once a week i'll pull it out and do it on the carpets but otherwise we use our pet vac once a day. and we sweep the laminate floors

We have carpet everywhere except the bathroom, toilet, and kitchen.

She loves to lie on the kitchen floor, but cant sit or stand properly on it - her paws slowly slide out from under her and she has to constantly readjust.

Also, she gets really grumpy when trying to eat ice, frozen carrots, or bones on the floor, so quickly graves them and brings them to the carpet where it wont whizz all over the place.

Our vacuum cleaner is woefully inadequate in cleaning up her fur, going to go get a new one soon.

It is funny this topic came up. We have grey carpet everywhere except kitchen (wood) and bathrooms, porch (tile). i have had this house and 3 dogs for 9 years. The carpet is disgusting. 9 years of pukes, diarrheas and pees is enough. I can live with fur everywhere. We are going to laminate the entire carpeted areas (except stairs) as soon as we can agree on laminate color/type. The last multiple day diarrhea episode last week was the last straw.

Ok i know every one will go laminate flooring just because it is easier to clean and I 100% agree

as per normal i have a but lol

When my dogs play an come running in an lose control their legs go all over the place and occasionaly fall over where as i can see the amusing side of this i also notice their back legs going all over the shot i can not imagine this to be any good for their hips and joints....

Or is it just me lol

I rent so I have laminate in the kitchen and god awful carpet in the livingroom. If it were up to me, I'd never see carpet again. Wosrt to clean, ever.

Now, what I do is I have one crate in the kitchen and one crate in the livingroom. If he's dirty, he goes in the kitchen crate until he dries off and I can easily clean the mud up. If he's dry, then he can go into the rest of the house and use the livingroom crate.

I have light coloured carpets - yuk. I have a barrel vacuum cleaner that works through water so all the hair and dust gets trapped in the water (good for allergies/asthma), it is also a very good carpet shampooer and hard floor cleaner. I also have a cheap Electrolux upright vacuum cleaner which I never pack away - it is my favourite. I use the electrolux on the furniture as well as it has a fabric attachment which is amazing, takes minutes to clear the furniture of pet hair. I would so love to have laminate flooring though. The carpets are a nightmare when it rains and the huskies have been splashing through the mud :(

Ok i know every one will go laminate flooring just because it is easier to clean and I 100% agree

as per normal i have a but lol

When my dogs play an come running in an lose control their legs go all over the place and occasionaly fall over where as i can see the amusing side of this i also notice their back legs going all over the shot i can not imagine this to be any good for their hips and joints....

Or is it just me lol

I know what you mean Keath about it not being good for their joints as mine do the same,especially the pup!

I have tiles in the kitchen and wooden stairs then carpet everywhere else. They are generally not allowed upstairs as thats what the landlady requested but they can slip on the stairs so prob best! It also means upstairs is hair free which actually isn't so bad :D

I hoover the tiles and then mop every so often and hoover the living room everyday. I have a Henry hoover extra which has a special thing that whizzes round with bristles on to help pick up pet hair,it's excellent! Also when i hoover i put down shake n vac & leave it for a bit to help with the dog smell in the carpet;)

I like the fact i have both,its great having the tiles in the kitchen as this is the main area they are in but also like having some carpet as well as it much cosier! :D