God I love spending 3 hours in A & E

Andy

So Echo and Darwin decide to "get it on" over something completely trivial.

Kelly grabs Echo and I grab Darwin and we haul them apart.

Darwin is so insistent that he wants a piece of Echo that he twists and in the heat of the moment . . .

Sinks his teeth into my forearm.

erm. . . . "OUCH" !!!

Only two punctures and didn't bleed much.

24072001.jpg

24072002.jpg

24072003.jpg

However since it had been 8 years since my last tetanus, I decided to get it checked out.

it was a "quiet" Sat afternoon so it only took me 3 hours to get seen, sutured, re-tetanussed, and antibioticised.

Echo has a cut on her head and ear. . . but not bothered by either coz

2 mins after the fraccas Echo and Darwin are playing nicely in the ex's back garden.

Jeez. . . .that'll teach me to get a grip , and get him pinned to the ground instead of trying to hold him away from Echo.

with enough room to snap at me.

Next time I'll know better. . .lol. . . "Ouch"

PS. . . SAZ. . .LOL got your joke on my phone as I'm in the cubicle being "steristripped" Thanks made me laff. biggrin.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Ouch thats nasty, then again what do you expect from the UK A&E lol. Hope it heals and glad everything is OK.

Peter

ouch andy - hope it heals well - least u got urs checked out lol

If I'd had a tetanus in the last couple of years I'd probably just covered them in plasters and let them heal.

But I figured 8 years was too close to the 10 year limit. . .so best safe than sorry.

Septicemia, isn't one of my favourite infections. . . lol ohmy.gif

Looks painful Andysad.gif........hope it heals quicklysmile.gif

Looks worse than it is, it's more "Achey" than painful.

It's stuff like changing gears, and pulling up the handbrake that makes me go. . .Oooh, that smarts a bit. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the good wishes guys biggrin.gif

it wasn't my mouse arm so I can still navigate the forum. . . PHEW !!!! biggrin.gif

You did the right thing going to get it looked at though, these things can turn nasty very easily. You said sutured, did they actually sew it? Cos I was told they don't like to sew dog bites, as its not a straight edge, unlike a knife wound and the bacteria can't then escape if its sewn.

Now take it easy, and if you can manage the mouse, I'm sure the beer cans would be manageable as well:D

You did the right thing going to get it looked at though, these things can turn nasty very easily. You said sutured, did they actually sew it? Cos I was told they don't like to sew dog bites, as its not a straight edge, unlike a knife wound and the bacteria can't then escape if its sewn.

Now take it easy, and if you can manage the mouse, I'm sure the beer cans would be manageable as well:D

They gave me the choice of sutures or sterristrips, I went for sterristrips.

but they DID say that if they don't look like they are sealing in a couple of days go to my GP and he will suture them. biggrin.gif

, I'm sure the beer cans would be manageable as well:D

I'm practicing now. . working hard at it. . . lol

Good grief Andy - Ouch!!!

I got in between my two on Friday (I obviously wasn't thinking straight) who were fighting over a huge bone, and in the heat of the moment Ozzy sunk his teeth into my elbow - he realised immediately that it wasn't Micah's neck he had in his mouth and let go - poor guy was so shocked he just sat and stared at me - anyway, he didn't draw blood, and I only have a huge bruise, but can just imagine how yours must have felt.

Hope it heals quickly and cleanly.

Glad you're okay Andy! Looks really sore! *husky hugs* :)

A&E these days is awful for waiting times...I remember when I had an insect bite on my ankle that got infected and swelled up to the size of a tennis ball (you could see the redness travelling up my leg too) and I had to wait about 3-4 hours in A&E. My mum rang the GP we had at the time but they refused to see me as they didn't see it as an emergency! er....i could hardly walk on it and was hopping on my good leg just to get around...