ouch :(

Sarah

Haven't slept all night :( I've pulled my back really badly i can't sit / lie down without wincing in pain. I can't even walk stood up straight, i walk like i'm about 90 all hunched over :(

God knows how i'm going to walk my boys, there's just no way i can't even lift my arms above my head to brush my hair :( :(

Any ideas on what i can do to help myself get better quicker?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Marc's going to drive me into work so i can pick up my lap top and do bits of work at home instead - well he's going to have to come into the office with me and get all my stuff / open doors for me etc lol

he's still asleep - i've not told him yet he's gonna have to help me get dressed, god how demeaning is that going to be!!

Get better soon - having a pull like that is no fun! What helps me is to take a largish dose of Ibuprophin or similar pain killer, ice, then heat on the back, and to gently stretch and hold the stretch, so that you work it out... Can you get one of the ice/heat patches that stick on with an adhesive? They usually feel cold at first, but then are warm for about 8 hours... Love them!

oh hunny hope ur ok, hurting ur back is no fun at all, i can always pop up on tuesday and walk kimba and kaiser with my mate jeff as we're having tea on tues, no probs at all, lisa's at mine 2night otherwise i'd come 2night too.....i'm sure the boys will be ok for a day and more than happy to have their mum at home for a bit xxx

ohhhh Dunc's been up and given me a heat pack that you warm up in the microwave wow i can breath now without being in pain!!!

The pains in the middle of my back, think i've pulled it whilst walking my boys :(

Thank you dunc xxxxx

Have you tried elevating your feet Sarah. I suffer from a bad back as well from a car accident, and when it plays up I have my feet on the arm of the couch and that definitely helps. It was suggested to me by a physio about 3 years ago. another thing I find helps is Tiger Balm or sometimes Deep heat

oh no huni :( how are you feelin today?? any better??

the only advice i can give is what diz said about lying flat......i had problems with my sciatica when i was pregnant and just got advised to lie flat which seemed impossible when 7months pregnant and like a semi detatched house lmao :lol:

hope you get better soon chick.......anything i can do to help let me know...not that far away from you chick so can easily meet up with diz and pop round to help :) x x x x x

Oh no Saz!! Really gentle hugs!! Hope you get better soon hon! Never had any back trouble *touch wood* so dot know that much about it but when ever my dad has a bad back he goes to the Chiropractor he always says it works wonders.. hobbles in bearly walking and walks out normal.. then when you get it fixed apparently swimming is really good at helping the muscles recover gentley! Get well soon hon!! Let me know if you need me to take the K bros off your hands... might not get um back tho!! ;) LOL

aw saz i hope your back gets better soon hun!

i would go and see a chiropractor lije most of these guys suggested, they have helped my mum loads when she had a bad neck and back and couldn't move her head.

other than that i would take it easy and keep doing the heat pads and ibupofen and maybe get a massage off marc

kelly

I've had a bad back for years and I find the worst thing you can do is lie down or stay in the same position. I've been to physio several times and they say to keep active.

I've got a list of gentle excersises that are meant to ease the pain and keep you mobile.

I also take 2 paracetamol and 1 ibuprofen which seems to ease it a somewhat.

Different things work for different people.

If you want the excersises let me know.

Take care and get better soon x

OOOh, poor Saz.

It's been many years since I last seriously pulled my back and yes I too remember barely being able to breathe without pain.

Heat packs / painkillers / veeeeeerrryyy gentle stretching. as Rob said elevate the feet, that drops the lower spine into a flatter position.

Feelo better soon hun.

All fingers n paws crossed for a quick recovery.