ouch :(

Sarah

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh not good Saz :( hope the back Pads help and you are feeling better soon :)

A friend of mine has just had a operation on a her back, and she has these platform things on here chairs so she dont have to sit down to far, it alot easier to get up aswell.....

OK, I haven't got a scanner so I've taken photos of the diagrams but they aren't great quality :unsure:

PICT0483.jpg?t=1280139211

Bend sideways at the waist... 5 each side

PICT0484.jpg?t=1280139211

Stand straight with feet apart.

Support your back with your hands while bendind your back as far backwards as possible. Keep your knees straight during the excersise.

5 times

PICT0485.jpg?t=1280139211

Lying face down leaning on your elbows/forearms.

Arch the small of your back by pressing your pelvis and stomach to the floor. Now bend your upper back upwards keeping forearms on the floor. Hold for 10 seconds.

PICT0486.jpg?t=1280139211

Lying on your back with knees together and bent.

Slowly roll your knees from side to side keeping your upper trunk still.

5 times each side

PICT0481.jpg?t=1280139211

Lying on your back with knees bent and arms by your side.

Tighten your stomach muscles and press the small of your back against the floor letting your bottom rise. Hold for 5 second and repeat 5 times.

Oh no Sarah. I've been in that same situation many times. Spent four days on the living room floor one time from a sprained back. I have found that using heat works best, if the pain and the problem are muscle related and the spine is not at issue. If the pain is due to the back being out of adjustment, then ice packs, 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. I have found a Chiropractor to be the best help. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

good advice, Mazz, I have spine trouble and cold is better, heat for muscle relaxing.

Saz, I don't believe you - you can't stay pain free for more than a week! burn your arm, fall on your bum, thorns in your finger, fall on your bum, put your back out, fall on your bum - there's a pattern here somewhere!!

It' so restricting having a dodgy back, but take it easy, I find keeping mobile is better, but do whatever you feel is most comfortable for you. When lying down, put a spare pillow under the small of your back to take the pressure off it. If a pillow is too big, roll a bath towel up into a sausage shape & put in a pillow case so it doesn't unravel, a physio showed me that trick for my back & neck.

Hope it gets better soon, hun, gentle hugs from us & big hairy clumpy ones from Diesel! xx

no am ok hun but thank you xxx

The boys must know and are being really good - not jumping around etc didn't hear a peep out of them yesterday until about 1am when Kaiser decided to howl CONSTANTLY so i had to sleep on the sofa with him rolleyes.gif

Thanks Emily i've taken them before and they are amazing!

It's better today - dragged myself to fat club last night after stuffing my face at Val n Steve's bbq on Saturday and lost 2 1/2 lbs!! ohmy.gif

Better put my feet up more often laugh.gif

Aimee - Marc walked the boys tonight but thanks hunnie only just seen your offer x

glad to hear you have a bit of improvement in your back, but still take it easy & let it heal properly before being too energetic with it, I also have a velcro belt thing that is quite wide & wraps around your waist. It has metal struts in it to keep your back rigid & supports it while healing. :D