where to buy raw food?

keera1234

Same as Nix we get mince from P@H and then have a deal with our butcher, he gets us 20 large wings for a £5 which isnt bad and he'd order us anything else we wanted too... I also scan the reduced sections in the suppermarket for marked down stuff and get them large fish fillets 6 for £3 for iceland! :D

If your still not sure about raw and researching how to make it balance up you could try natures menu nuggets from P@H their a complete food with no rubbish so its basically raw with the work cut out! £2.99 for a kilo bag and it comes in different meats so you can vary it for them.. mine love um! :)

I am in SA but we get our chicken (wings/drumsticks/necks) from an abattoir near us, beef and beef heart from a meat wholesaler and lamb ribs, tripe and Ostrich from the supermarket. We know someone who knows someone who may be able to get us cheap ostrich meat :D :D The trick is to shop around and find suppliers - our abattoir and the wholesaler both have one day a week that you can buy their 'over stock' direct, so we make use of that. It is actually costing us less to feed raw than when they were on dry food.

All mine our BARF fed, If you are considering feeding a natural diet please do your reaserch, to ensure they get a well balanced diet including some blended cooked veg & raw eggs including the shells! I would highly recommend Ian Billinghurst book "Give your dog a bone" essential reading.

Barf suppliers

Albionmeatproducts.co.uk

01386 554095

prizechoice 0800 0183770 ( nationwide delivery)

landywoods.co.uk

01889 577772

based in staffs min order £35

berriewoodwholesale.co.uk

01787 238003

based in essex, delivery in south east & surrounding areas Min order £ 35

Do a google search for knackers yards or knackery's....kinda like a car breaker but for cows lol!

Not human quality consumption in that it isn't cut up in aseptic conditions etc but most zoo's get there meat from there and my local knackers yard gives me beef (raw or cooked) at 70p a kilo. They can also supply me whole rack of ribs, heads and legs :D They do do organs/tripe too but it's not always the case that they are suitable as they degrade veerrrry quickly.

My dog's are happy dogs lol