Was I right?

Ron Tao&Sky

I am behind you 100% Ron. Who does he think he is doing that to YOUR dog in YOUR house? I would have hit the roof! Think he needs to watch that temper of his!! I would not allow him back in the house until he had apologised to my dog on bended knees with a big juicy bone inbetween his teeth ;) then to you and your wife for the upset he has caused. He could have seriously hurt your dog :( does he have cats?? If so ask him how he would feel if you came into his home and threw one of them across the room :angry: one word for this bloke TOSSER!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your dog.......... should not be jumping up at visitors to your house and should be under control, hard I know but I must say when I go to other folks houses and this happens I don't like it having said that if anyone though my dog across the room he would be picking his teeth outta his arse.

Your kids......... my 2 have keys for here but never remember to bring them lol why do they have them ? its there home and always will be and if they call and we are out I would not like them to be on the door step till we got back, as for going though our stuff am sorry that just would not happen they have more respect for there mum and me for that, at the end of the day they are our children and without them ( I would not even like to contemplate that )

Ron be-careful m8 am not saying back down all the way on your Principe's but you need to talk to your family or your going to ostracize yourself.

All the best m8 hope you get sorted :)

Your dog.......... should not be jumping up at visitors to your house and should be under control, hard I know but I must say when I go to other folks houses and this happens I don't like it having said that if anyone though my dog across the room he would be picking his teeth outta his arse.

I do appreciate this rule as we have a no jump policy here ;) however, they were family members, and I know when family visit us they do jump as they get sooo excited. Poor dog was just pleased to see them, give him a big hug from me xx

[/quote

We have Sarah and Marc come down here and they get jumped on like mad lol they don't mind and we know that but along the same lines my sister-in-law and my mum so its my response ability to make sure they don't jump up, how do I do this ? I tell them simples trained correctly they do as there told not as they like :)

:lol: I guess us humans are just too lax when it comes to family, we expect them to put up with it :lol: Mind you all our family live 200 miles away so dont have to see our pack often :)

Do you now I have never asked them if they mind, I hope not :huh::unsure:

They wouldn't keep visiting if they did surely :)

................................... where is my phone :lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

depends on who turns up at my house lol if it's sue and dunc (marcs mum and dad) my two go totally nuts they are wayyyy excited but that's because they were their breeders and they remember them, if marcs cousin comes round they dont move lol

I agree that the dog shouldnt jump up people but hes a puppy and abit of an allowance must be made while hes still learning the rules! And as for throwing him across a room well can you say over reaction much!

Deffinataly something that needs handling delicatly so as not to create a rift between family but then again it IS somthing that needs dealing with... if thats how he treats an animal that cant defend itself how will he treat a small grubby toddler with jammy hands that comes up to him throw that across a room too!?? Completely unacceptable behaviour and I dont see how your daughter cant see that!? If my husband reacted like that to my dogs he'd be out on his ear and he pays the bloody bills round here!! LOL

Hope you get it sorted Ron!! Some good advise above! :)

hmmmmm this is a toughy for me...i think what has got you riled up was the look on his face and the viciousness he did it with, is that correct? i push my sister in laws GSD off when she's had a drink and slobbered all over me, but never nastily, more of a get off you slobbery mutt kinda way...

with the keys, i have keys to both parents in law and my parents houses, they both have keys to mine...i have no qualms with them coming over and theyre the same with us going there. My brothers dont have keys, but that's because they wouldn't come over unless invited and we were there (due to where we all live and i would want to see them) - my dad stayed at my house the other week when he was building my ramp, i wasn't there, but my husband was, although he was working part of the time...

now for not liking family members partners. i hate, with a passion one of my brothers' wife - she is a bitch, i can't stand her and to be honest, it has driven a wedge between me and my brother - they now have a child and i need to get over it - i haven't been to see the baby yet (she's about a month old) - more due to time - but i need to go and i want Alice and Joshua (my son) to get on and kinda grow up with each other as he will never have a sibling.

Please don't let this twonk drive a wedge between you and your daughter...and more importantly your granddaughter - life and family is too important.

Just an FYI - i'm not saying you have to like him...

As far as the dog jumping, he's family and should expect it or at the very least deal with it properly. I doubt this is the first time he's been over.

Loki, though still a puppy and does have issues with jumping, (Ugh, all the strangers that promote it.) He's been doing better, but when my mum or younger brother comes around, he goes crazy and has a hard time controlling himself because he's just so excited to see my family. I've come to expect it though, so when I know they're coming, I'll have him on lead and take him away until he can greet them without jumping.

However, like Ron mentioned, they're coming over without any notice. How is he supposed to have his dog under control when he's not expecting it?

i have a friend who is scared of dogs and he doesn't make a big deal about it he just avoids Luna and i try to make sure she stays away from him, but she pretty much ignores him because she now knows she won't get attention off him, he would NEVER throw her across the room or hurt her in anyway because he respects the fact that shes my dog and i love her!

I have keys to my mum's house but i rarely use them or even need to since she is home when i visit and knows i am coming. my mum has a help yourself policy in her house but i don't go snooping.... i do steal her clothes every now and then but i always return them. as to the dogs at my mums house. they are family and i wouldnt stand for anyone hurting them no matter who they thought they were. my family comes first. boyfriend or not he wouldn't of been around long after hurting one of my dogs. and that includes the two at my house and the two at my mums house.

i would definitely sit down with your wife and daughter about this, i hate it when people just brush off other peoples thoughts and feelings without actually considering them.

My two go in to their crates when people come over mainly because I have to go out the back door and open the gate to let them drive in & otherwise they could get out onto the main road.

If i know my guests are ok with dogs then they can come straight back out but like for instances when my nieces (2&4) come over they generally stay in their cages simply because they are scared of them,mainly because they are bigger dogs than they are used to.

I do agree that dogs shouldn't jump up at visitors in general but if they did i am the first to tell them to get down. I wouldn't mind people pushing them back down but I would mind if they pushed them off in an aggressive or forceful manner.

I dont have a key to my parents house but my other sister does. They always say they can give me a key but I am not bothered as it is their house & I dont need to be there unless we are all there together. Dont get me wrong my parents always say i can go round whether they are there or not & when we are there we treat it as our own home also but i certainly wouldn't go rooting throught their stuff! Even thought they are very laid back we always ask before taking or looking for something,its polite to do that.

I suggest speaking to your wife about it and discuss the 'rules' for when they come over. I think it is important to make a joint decision and also show a united front when they come round. Then explian to the boyfriend and your daughter what is and isn't expected when they are guests in your home. Your daughter should be happy to comply & so should her boyfriend. But like the others said its not worth losing family over.

Good luck xx