just an idea???? north westers

Tamz

we have been wondering (me and ian) if trying to get shiloh involved in scootering would be a good idea or beneficial???

we were just talking about it lastnight and have decided it would be good for him but wouldnt know where to start :blink: does anyone in the north west do it already with their sibes?? if so how did you sort it all out?? could we maybe come and watch one day to see what its like??

also if we did like what we saw would it be possible to maybe start like a team or summat??? im sorry i dont really know much about it so dont really know what to ask :( as we only have shiloh we dont fink he would be able to do it alone- am i right in thinkin this???

lmao sorry...someone please help me :lol: :lol:

thats what the blokes are for!!! ian already takes shiloh out on his bike but is now struggling to keep up with him :blink: so we thought if we could maybe get a team together or summat then quite a few huskies could do it together....its just an idea :) x x x

thats what the blokes are for!!! ian already takes shiloh out on his bike but is now struggling to keep up with him :blink: so we thought if we could maybe get a team together or summat then quite a few huskies could do it together....its just an idea :) x x x

Start by getting a good x back harness, ensure you measure properly to avoid injury to your dog, Then we start by introducing the dog to pull acar tyre behind them. It gets them use to pulling something & is alot quieter than a scooter/rig, walk for about a mile at first gradually increasing it to two miles.

We then get use a bike with them running alongside us or infront to get them to go at a steady speed & increase fitness & stamina.

Then the fun can begin with a scooter or rig, if he/she wont run or pull you get someone to ride infront on a bike, They love to chase,

Any other info required Give me a shout lol

harness etc can be bought from culpeppers.co.uk Phil is great & has a diagram on how to measure your dog

or

snowpawstore.com for harness's, equipment, scooters etc

I personally like pawtrekker scooters

Hope this helps :)

Remember not to feed your dog before training, give 1 & half cups of water with 2 spoons of crushed sardines or tuna not in brine! ( so your dog is hydrated & prevent muscle damage) 1 hour before training ( to prevent bloat & running on a full bladder & chance for muscle cells to get fluid around them.)

Fishy water after running full bowl with rest of mashed fish from tin.

jayne x

you will love scootering, and 1 dog will pull you along fine with alitle help from you, bit warm at the moment but i do go out sometimes about 5 in the morning for a quick run, try scootmountain for a cheap scooter, they are actually made by pawtrekker but cost a lot cheaper.. £165 i think . i actually wear a cani belt and attach myself to the scooter in case i fall off and then my 2 wont be draggin a scooter behind them in a blind panic..

The night rally sounds like fun to watch

Its fantastic ! Cani cross & scootering normally starts around 1.30-2pm, Then the night rally usually begins about 4pm or as soon has it gets dark :rolleyes:

The last team normally mal classes go out between 8-9.30 pm, So quite a long day.

We normally get home about 11pm after the presentation, feed dogs, pack food for us! off to bed then up again at 4am to get to Wyre forest for sundays race lol

I like showing, but my heart belongs to rallying season & back packing, I carnt wait for the pup to be old enough to do her back packing title, Its very hard work but i love it.... 120 miles has to be completed over 3 days ( 40 miles per day, 2 overnight camp outs) :blink:

Tami - you're more than welcome to come with me hun - where we walked at vals on saturday was perfect for scootering.

I've got a pawtrekker and i'm sure as a practise Shilo could wear Kimba's harness back wise they look the same length

I've got all the gang and neck lines as well. If you want to try it let me know you can either run him on your own or he can run along with Kimba xx