Rural Photos of Eastern Iowa

Mazz

The other day Ron posted some pics of the area he lives in. Thought that was sort of neat.

Here are some from the area of Iowa, where I live.

Mississippi River boat landing near Buffalo, Iowa.

DSC00443.jpg

Rural road in Farm Country, south of Blue Grass, Iowa.

DSC00452.jpg

Walcott, Iowa

DSC00459.jpg

Tractor Restorer Business

DSC00460.jpg

Farm field between Walcott and Blue Grass, Iowa.

DSC00465.jpg

Beautiful Downtown Blue Grass, Iowa.

DSC00468.jpg

Entrance Road to the subdivision where we live.

DSC00470.jpg

Zoya's House!!!

DSC00474.jpg

Zoya's back yard (garden).

DSC00475.jpg

One more of Zoya's back yard.

DSC00476.jpg

wow, Dave, do you know what struck me first (beside also noticing your cars are on the wrong side of the road ;) ) - how clean everywhere is! In the UK, if we take pics like that, it's usually strewn with litter too! What a gorgeous part of the world xx

That's definately something I noticed. I never used to buy into this whole "clean 100% pure new zealand lord of the rings shenanigans" tosh that's advertised and longed to move to the uk where my family is from.

However after seeing so many pics of every-day UK, i realise I've been taking what I hav for granted.

It's nice to be able to drive 30 minutes in any direction and be ale to choose between soft beaches, hiking through mountains or rural farmland, and not have it tarnished by the trappings of overpopulation :)

Fantastic Dave, lovely place, looks so clean and serene.

We live in the mountains, so I'll take some photos - like Charlie in New Zealand we are a half hour away from either the sea, mountains, farmland or the beautiful city of Cape Town.

You are sooooooo lucky.

We live half an hour from lots more crappy houses.

and some farm land.

Also half an hour away from one of the worlds greatest University cities. Oxford

Which is full of Students, foreign visitors and all the trash and street crowding they bring with them.

Most people think of Oxford as Dreaming Spires, students swanning around having

deep intellectual conversations in quaint pubs.

Nope, crowded, filthy, traffic clogged, and expensive.

I look at YOUR pics and think that is like Heaven. . . biggrin.gif

Yesterday, when I was out taking photos, I drove by places that I've driven by a hundred times, some a thousand times. It is so normal looking to me. So I had a hard time trying to decide on where to stop and what to shoot. I guess you don't realize sometimes, how furtunate you are. We all seem to have a tendency to look at those things that are our misfortune, and not those things that are our blessings. Thanks for pointing out some of the blessings that I am so fortunate to have as my surroundings.

Great shots Dave....I love Iowa and believe we ARE truly blessed.

Personally, I think Zoya's yard is quite big enough for an Iowa husky meet! HINT, HINT!

Sutsibe (Gigi) lives just a couple miles from me. She has a huge yard as well and I'm trying to convince her of the same. (I live on a highway, so it's not the best place for a pack of huskies to visit, but I do have a spare bedroom for any one of my husky-owner friends who come this way to visit)

Perhaps we can put something together before the snow flies. How fun it would be to post a few pics of the U.S. huskies gathered together.....

Since we've no dog parks nearby, I think private property is our best bet, though there's a really nice park here in town (at the edge of town) that I know, without a doubt we could meet up at and camp. AND perhaps Gigi could be convinced to give everyone a tour of her kennels (just a thought as I sit here supposedly working! LOL

Anyone interested? If so, I'll do some checking and see what kind of prices we could get for a group of us ---- could give us some front page coverage in my newspaper as well if we meet here.....

Of course we can meet at my place - my guys would love the company! (Me, too!) Not as picturesque as Dave's back yard, and we'll all need lots of mosquito spray, but the more the merrier! (Just watch out for the yard cats - they aren't very cautious of the dogs, silly critters!)