OMG!!!!

Red Owner

well i have just had a very eventfull walk!!! I took my little darling to a local beauty spot where there is a stream running thro it as my little fur baby loves the water. half way thro she jumps out of the water and some how slipped out of her harness ( never done this before). Off she goes at full pelt, further down is where the ducks hang out boy did they get a shock there peaceful morning of being fed bread by all the kids was rudely interupted by a bouncing husky this about half a mile away from where she slipped her harness so at this point after chasing her i am quite tired;. She then proceeds to follow the said ducks over a small water fall, under a bridge and down another section of the river (only ankle deep) at this point i am beginning to worry that i will never see her again. I at this point jump into the river with her not realising that the river has become somewhat deeper by now (up to my waist). she then carries on further down as the river becomes shallow again and down another small waterfall to an old water mill and spalsh into someones garden very deep this shocked her and she came back to me!! Now as you can imagine I was not very happy with my little darling. I climbed out of the river SOAKING while my 6 yr old daughter (who had managed to keep up with me) Stood on the bank of the river well rolled on the bank laughing. Needless to say my furbaby was not in my good books. She is now fast asleep dreaming about running down after the poor defensless ducks. and i am a lot dryer after a shower!!!!!! I have been and bought a chain to link her harness to her collar incase of a reoccurance. Wot an eventful walk

LMAO. . . Huskies making a bid for freedom. . . cause absolute mayhem. . .then trot back to you without a care in the world. biggrin.gif

and they look up at all out of breath, flustered, panting, angry and they look up at you as if to say. . . .

"What's up with you, what have YOU been doing, while I've been having a bit of a run around ??laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif"

Glad you got her back. Now tighten that harness. . . . lolbiggrin.gif

i love my ezydog one :) Having said that Thor managed to get out of his at camp - i have no idea how though - Kaiser is an escape artist if there ever was one but so far so good - he's not managed to slip out lol

Glad you got her back though :D

We've not had Ice slip a harness yet but we have 2 doors to get into the house, on the inner door i've had to blue tac a piece of paper with "door" written on it to remind my self to shut it before i open the front door as he bolted last week when i answered to some salesman, straight down the drive across the road and off he went, his recall is sort of none existent but he responds to "whats this", now we are only going to use it as an emergency recall. luckily we live down a quiet street so traffic isn't bad, heart was in my mouth though as once he gets going he's fast.

Chased him halfway down the road,only half dressed + no shoes on too, realised i wasn't going to catch him, stood there screamed his name then "whats this" and he just strolled back, sat in front of me looked at me as if to say "wheres my treat then" lol

They certainly keep you on your toes.

LMAO honestly I think our huskies will be the death of us all - they all are such escape artists! We were at a big agricultural show in April this year when Dino snapped his collar and ran off straight into the crowd. We were running after him yelling at people to catch him - plenty of people tried to help but he was have great fun thinking it was a game of 'dodge' until he was tackled to the ground!!