how far do you walk your huskies?

pokerking1

hi all,

just a general inquiry to all, i was wondering how far everybody walks their dogs? i take mine 2 times a day and for about 1 1/2 hours each time so must be covering 10 mile a day in total.. phew i'm knackered now thinking about it lol. they will also pull from start to finish as well and be running through our local river when they are on their 50ft leads which is mad when they see ducks.

Mark

[ATTACH]5549.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-1880-13585954030985_thumb.jpg

hi all,

just a general inquiry to all, i was wondering how far everybody walks their dogs? i take mine 2 times a day and for about 1 1/2 hours each time so must be covering 10 mile a day in total.. phew i'm knackered now thinking about it lol. they will also pull from start to finish as well and be running through our local river when they are on their 50ft leads which is mad when they see ducks.

Mark

post-2241-13585955531101_thumb.jpg

Hey Mark I asked the same question about a month ago in this thread. . .

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10785-how-far-do-you-walk-your-huskies/page__p__153224#entry153224

check out the website link to work out how far you walk. . . it's great. . biggrin.gif

ours just walk and run at their own pace in the summer here, but in the winter we run them on bikes.

they go out for 3 to 5 hours in the morning and then 1 to 2 1/2 hours in the evening so they get a minimum of 4 hours a day up to a possibly 7 1/2 hours a day. we are lucky that 95% of the places we go to have water so they can swim to cool down.

we tracked an average walk one day and WE did 12 miles on their morning walk and 3 miles on their evening walk of course they run all over the place so they probably did way more.

i honestly recon ours are so well behaved because we have so much wild land around us, if we moved to somewhere that didn't have so much green land they would be off when they got the chance.

hi all,

Mark

post-2241-13585955531101_thumb.jpg

You must have a nice work schedule, there is no way I have enough time to take my dog out for 10 miles a day. We walk ours 3-4 plus playing in the backyard.

hi David

my house backs into sherwood forest and we have miles and miles of unspoilt land to trapse round lol, they love it on their 50ft leads great when they see squirrels etc lol, jeeze how do you manage 7 hours per day walking? i'd be knackered lol... we do run both ours in the winter on the scooter which is great fun.:P

and jmiles i'm up at 5am out with dogs go to work at 6.30 and back home for 5pm so plenty of time. the wife also takes them about dinner time when she is in from work..

Well Im lucky... Im a dog walker for a living! So I take mine with me... usually we do about 3 hours which Iv worked out to be roughly 8miles Although we do different paces as some of the dogs I walk are more fit than others so if we have to walk at chubby old Lab pace my two get abit frustrated but then we walk at fit young retreiver pace and I get absolutly crackered!! LOL Then the O/H and I take them out on day trips at the weekend to as far as we can get! The amount varies but they are happy and if they havn't walked far enough for their liking they'll chase each other round the house and garden for a bit so its all good! :D

hi David

my house backs into sherwood forest and we have miles and miles of unspoilt land to trapse round lol, they love it on their 50ft leads great when they see squirrels etc lol, jeeze how do you manage 7 hours per day walking? i'd be knackered lol... we do run both ours in the winter on the scooter which is great fun.:P

and jmiles i'm up at 5am out with dogs go to work at 6.30 and back home for 5pm so plenty of time. the wife also takes them about dinner time when she is in from work..

well it is up to a maxmum of 7 hours and a minimum of 4 but its usually around 5hours, my wife does 3hrs in the morning and i do 2hrs in the evening , plus ours are allowed off lead so they do more. they don't destroy anything at home and have full run of the house and garden and don't use their cage to sleep. our huskies are so unhusky compared to some of the stories i hear.