Hi from meeee

Nicola

Hello,

Just regisetered on here today, have been a sibe owner for ooo 2 1/2 days now!

We have a 2 1/2 year old Jack Russell called Megan and had planned to get a husky when she was 8+. Then last week was at the kitchen sink and looked up and saw this HUGE face looking back at me! And there was the most beautiful white and beige siberian husky in the neighbours garden (they are away). mmmm i shut their gate and track his owner out in the street looking for him. Got chatting said how a sibe was our next dog and she said they were trying to rehome him! (they both work and cant look after him properly). He's 7 mths old.

That's it - fate!

4 days later we introduced the 2 dogs took them both for a walk, and on Saturday, Luka came home with us.

Still early days, the moves upset his stomach but his settled in really well.

So the house is full, Stuart and me, 6 kids, and 2 dogs.

I work from home, oldest daughter has applied to uni to be a vet (looking forward to cheap vet bills), 2 of the kids have special needs and the dogs apart from being good therapy are brill with the kids.

Looking forward to many great moments with Luka and when the time comes more sibes.

Anyway hello!

Nicola

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Just regisetered on here today, have been a sibe owner for ooo 2 1/2 days now!

We have a 2 1/2 year old Jack Russell called Megan and had planned to get a husky when she was 8+. Then last week was at the kitchen sink and looked up and saw this HUGE face looking back at me! And there was the most beautiful white and beige siberian husky in the neighbours garden (they are away). mmmm i shut their gate and track his owner out in the street looking for him. Got chatting said how a sibe was our next dog and she said they were trying to rehome him! (they both work and cant look after him properly). He's 7 mths old.

That's it - fate!

4 days later we introduced the 2 dogs took them both for a walk, and on Saturday, Luka came home with us.

Still early days, the moves upset his stomach but his settled in really well.

So the house is full, Stuart and me, 6 kids, and 2 dogs.

I work from home, oldest daughter has applied to uni to be a vet (looking forward to cheap vet bills), 2 of the kids have special needs and the dogs apart from being good therapy are brill with the kids.

Looking forward to many great moments with Luka and when the time comes more sibes.

Anyway hello!

Nicola

hiya welcome to the pack great bunch of guys on here and fair play col xxx

Hi, Thanks for all your welcomes. We live in Lincoln, Stickney, not far away. And I see some of you are in Manchester, I grew up in Sale, South Manchester.

Sarah, the kids are 17, 12, 8, 6, 4 and 2. 8 and 2 are boys, the others girls, the 8 and 4 are Autistic. James, 8, is severely so and will never be able to look after himself and Maddie, 4, not as severe but still really hard work. They both require full time care, James 1 to 1. The dogs are fantastic therapy for them - and us! Dogs have a magical way of communicating to them. Although today Maddie said "mummy look Luka's dancing with me!" "No Luka - get down!" Boys!!!

Anyway when I manage to upload some pics will post em. Today, had a good look through Luka's coat and he's covered with fleas, so the next job is........

Anyway hello and thanks

Nicola

I've worked with a lot of autistic children, it is hard work but so rewarding as well :) I think having animals around helps them so much :)

Can't wait to see some pics of him - have a look in the forum, help section as to how to post pics :) x