Hello from New Zealand!

MelissaHaylock

]Hi all, I'm Melissa form New Zealand. My Husband and I are owned by 2 Sibes -

Jesse [ATTACH]5552.IPB[/ATTACH](female) is 5

and Tikaani [ATTACH]5551.IPB[/ATTACH](male) is about 2.

They are both rescues, Jesse's previous owners split up and went overseas, leaving all their animals behind. After 4 months of no human attention (someone was feeding them though) a family friend stepped in and said enough was enough and found new homes. We heard about this through a family member who knew the family friend. We went to meet Jesse and her 'sister' Jenna then went home to research the breed. We decided we were nuts, but at least we were educated nuts!!!! We picked her up a week later, and have been getting steadily madder ever since BOL!

We joined Husky Heaven, on Dogster, several years ago now, so many of you might know us from there.

We adopted Tikaani from the pound just before Xmas 2009. We had given our phone number to a shelter so if they had and Sibes come in they could ring us. The shlketer gave it to the pound, who rung about the 3 year old entire male they had. We went and met him, and discovered he had been picked up on the streets and not claimed, no tags or any form of ID. He was due to be put down the next day. The timing was awful - we had planned a 2 week trip from Xmas day with Jesse, and there were no kennel spots anywhere in the city. We managed to convince my parents, and some friends, to share his feeding and walking, and he would stay at home. We signed and paid for him, then had to wait to a property check to be done, and him to be neutered. Finally we got him home and named him Tikaani, "Tiki" for short.

They have the run of our backyard night and day (temperatures are a lot milder here than the US) and come inside a lot. My husband often runs them with his bike, and a scooter he has made (although not so much lately as he has a serious shoulder injury).

Jesse is a snooty, jealous witch who is a real Daddy's girl. Tiki is anyones! He has become a real cuddle bug and lives for belly rubs. He was very matted and dirty when we got him, but after plenty of brushing and a professional groom, he is soft and fluffy and actgually has some white on him!

post-2059-13585954064335_thumb.jpg

post-2059-13585954075613_thumb.jpg

Hi Melissa, welcome to the forum. My two belong to their daddy :( I am just the one that feeds them, and I am the wicked witch that puts a stop to their over- the-top shenanigans.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum as well as seeing more photos of your beautiful Sibes.

Welcome to the pack.

We have 7 members in N.Z.

Well done for rescuing your two they are gorgeous.

Hope you join in and have as much fun as we do here. biggrin.gif

Hi Melissa. Welcome to the Pack. Kudos for taking Jesse and Tiki into your home. There's an angel in the mix somewhere, I'm sure. Enjoy the forum. Look forward to your posts and pics.