low protein dog food

just been chatting to a fellow husky owner on facebook who needs to know a good low protein dog food that itsnt TOO expensive -

heres our covo

well I just recently found out that Kai has a permanent intestinal problem. His intestines produce too much bad bacteria, so he is having problems digesting too much protein.

the vet recommended I switch his food to something with less protein in it, but I can't afford to keep buying the German food the vet told meto get him.

any suggestions?

all help really really welcome :)

mmm this MAY be a silly idea off the top of my head and if Im talking rubbish do tell me BUT couldnt she just balance out the bad bacteria by giving the dog some yogurt in his dinner to get the good bacteria count up?????

he doesnt like the yoghurt - she tried it

hes on Innova Evo reduced fat at the moment

thinking of switching him over too - http://www.thenutroc...c-dog-food.aspx - any1 had any experince with this??

says it's 26% protein...I'm lookin up the food they are on now to compareI am afraid that if I put him on something with less protein, he will get even skinnier than he already is.

because of him being sick he has a hard time gaining weight.

http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?id=1492 this is what they are eating now.