This is very sad!

jayjay060708

I am not sure if anyone else has posted this but I just came across it this is so sad! It makes me so mad beware it may make you cry! http://www.baltimore...0,7786058.story

I also posted this farther down but I will add it up here too just incase someone dosnt want to go through all the other posts and read them!

Just thought I would add it for anyone wanting to complain to try and get this jerk to pay for what he did!

HERE IS CONTACT INFO FROM SOMEONE THAT LIVES 'THERE'

John Leopold, County Executive

jleopold@aacounty.org

Anne Arundel County Police

P02438@aacounty.org

Senator Barbara Mikulski

http://mikulski.sena...act/contact.cfm

Congressman John Sarbanes

UPDATE

here is an update on the case

http://www.examiner....-Husky-Examiner

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/05/national/main6746940.shtml

Thanks to everyone who sent in complains! Also thank you to the people that have also been posting updates!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now there are no charges being brought against him grr :angry: this makes me soo mad! If anyone wants to send a complaint here is some info about who you can complain to. Just thought I would add it for anyone wanting to complain to try and get this jerk to pay for what he did!

HERE IS CONTACT INFO FROM SOMEONE THAT LIVES 'THERE'

John Leopold, County Executive

jleopold@aacounty.org

Anne Arundel County Police

P02438@aacounty.org

Senator Barbara Mikulski

http://mikulski.senate.gov/Contact/contact.cfm

Congressman John Sarbanes

http://sarbanes.house.gov/constituent.asp

I am really struggling to understand this. Surely it must be against the law to shoot a gun in public and on public grounds? What makes an off-duty officer so special that he is not held responsible for his actions? What the h$ll is he walking around with a gun for, if he is not on duty? Sorry really, really angry at this :(

This breaks my heart, taking his early years into consideration, this must have been just another abuse laid upon him.

Rettaliala said that after the officer shot Bear-Bear, the dog didn't yelp or cry, just lay down in the grass, bleeding heavily. "He just went and laid down," she said. "I just can't get over it and I don't think it's being taken seriously because it was an animal involved."

I hope he is happy and safe where he is now, and will forgive us a species for the damage we cause, and for not bringing his killer to justice.

OMG!!! and they are not going to do anything to the Copper!! hope the copper gets a call out and gets gunned down on duty!! who the hell gives him the right to do that!! im really angry at reading that and cant believe he is getting away with it!! i hope the owner takes it further.......

And some people in this country are calling for our police to armed as standard in the same way as the U.S police!!?? I really CAN NOT understand the American blind belief that because they are all armed they are all safe!? Absolutley rediculous!

The world can be such a wrong place sometimes that Violence against animals is just so readily accepted and goes so rediculously unpunished... Im getting to the point where more and more I am ashamed to be called human!

this is very sad. I really feel for the family of Bear, i just couldn't comprehend a person, let alone a cop, shooting my dog and them getting away with it - just plain awful. However, you are only hearing this persons story and have not heard from eye witnesses, nor the cop - not condoning it, but you don't actually know the full story...just saying before you say that you hope he gets shot on duty.

but i just want to say, what has this got to do with our officers being armed or not?

And some people in this country are calling for our police to armed as standard in the same way as the U.S police!!?? I really CAN NOT understand the American blind belief that because they are all armed they are all safe!? Absolutley rediculous!

The world can be such a wrong place sometimes that Violence against animals is just so readily accepted and goes so rediculously unpunished... Im getting to the point where more and more I am ashamed to be called human!

I think if our police were to be armed on duty as are the American police.

OURS would not be allowed to "take them home"

they would be kept locked away at the station until needed for duty.

So hopefully there would not be this kind of "casual misuse" of a weapon over here.

I think if our police were to be armed on duty as are the American police.

OURS would not be allowed to "take them home"

they would be kept locked away at the station until needed for duty.

So hopefully there would not be this kind of "casual misuse" of a weapon over here.

Exactly, our current firearms officers are not allowed to take them home.

how can anyone say he will not be prosecuted? he is a sick individual who needs to experience consequences for his actions. I feel sick to the stomach to have read this, the poor dog had been rescued from one hell of a life, was living as a normal pet should & then have that happen to him.

RIP, little one, I am so angry you had to go so soon, xx

Just remember that he is supposed to be protecting you and sounds more trigger happy than anything else. It could be you!!! Huskys and GSDs can play rough and he should have given the situation time to calm down or be separated. No lives where in danger. If they were really fighting, he would not be able to shoot at any dog because of the fast action occurring during a fight and sounds like he just shot the dog after they broke up. This occurred in a populated area. He is a danger to you and me.

Thats shocking, if that was my dog i would have lost the plot totally, the guy probably would have ended up shooting me !!! i don't care who he is or what his job is you can't seriously think you can just pull out a gun especially if your off duty and shoot whatever animal you want when you want, i think this guy needs to be brought to justice.

I'll be sending an email later on Jamee

Thanks for the links. I've sent my correspondence.

I have a very difficult time grasping what has taken place. It seems that Bear-Bear really got the short end on this one. Maybe, if enough respond, Bear-Bear's family will get the justice they deserve.