Koda's 1st day in the big world

Loopylou

Well yesterday was the 1st day Koda could go for walkies :D. We put her harness and lead on which she tried to eat immedietly, and walked out of the gate. She started crying and trying to get back inside the yard. I tugged her lightly and walked down the back street with her. She walked amazingly well and wasn't jumping/flipping all over which i expected her to be doing. She met cars, motorbikes (tried to attack it), 2 horses with riders (tried to fight them) :unsure:, grass(ate it), flowers (ate them), other dogs (rolled on the floor and lay there while they checked her out) :Pand people (she jumped up and licked them to death)!

All in all we had a fab first walking experience with her and look forward to doing it time and time again.

Any way just thought i'd share our 1st walk with you all xx

Awwww bless.

I remember our first walk with OUR Koda (now called Daughtry because there are waaaaayyyyy too many Koda's and Kodah's on the forum)

We carried her to the grass, plonked her down, she stood up and sniffed, we gave her a little tug to get her walking.

She promptly sat down and refused to move. . . lol.

We ended up going back and getting Echo our GSD (surrogate mum to Daughtry) and she followed her happily. biggrin.gif

We had a GSD called Echo too, how strange for us to have the same dogs with the same names! :blink:

It's that 6 degrees of seperation thing. . . like. . .

you're in Durham. . .

My step dad was from Consett.

His name was Ray Maughan

His cousin is Susan Maughan, local celebrity famous for singing "I wanna be Bobbies girl" back in the sixities. biggrin.gif

awww thats great - i remember our 1st walk with ours - every car slowed down n pointed as they went past at this tiny husky pup plodding along the street trying 2 play with bingo lol - then when we got skyla - have you been stopped much yet? - took us AGES 2 go anywhere when ours were small lol

It's that 6 degrees of seperation thing. . . like. . .

you're in Durham. . .

My step dad was from Consett.

His name was Ray Maughan

His cousin is Susan Maughan, local celebrity famous for singing "I wanna be Bobbies girl" back in the sixities. biggrin.gif

Im only 15mins from Consett! Small world