Mickey tried making friends with a cat this morning...

vinny1275

We were out on our morning run today, and Mickey was in stubborn "I want to sniff every inch of pavement" mode...

Then he spots a cat sat about 20 feet away, and the cat starts giving him evils - normally they just disappear through a bush or something, so Mickey's intrigued by this - I think he thought it was a small dog or something. So, as we weren't getting anywhere, I thought I'd let him say hello to the cat - either the cat's going to leg it, or Mickey's going to get his nose clawed - either way, we can carry on with the run...

so, we get close to the cat, and Mickey lies down on his belly, like he does when he meets a dog he wants to play with, and the cat (surprisingly) doesn't come any closer - Mickey yaps at it to get its attention, still nothing. So Mickey gets a bit closer, the cat arches his back, hisses, and: Claws him across the nose. Did that stop him wanting to play? No... After he got clawed the second time, he decides that the cat doesn't want to play and off we go, but he kept turning around to see if he could see what the cat was doing......

Daft dog, I bet if we saw the same cat tomorrow, he'd do the same thing... Just wish I had my phone with me so I could've video'd it... :)

Fff, with the whole 'I'm going to sniff EVERY little rock and EVERY passing person and EVERY blade of grass' mood, I can totally relate and sympathise. ._. XD

... XDD Again, questioning the intelligence of our babies! Yuki doesn't try and play with cats like that, she's straight up down scared to death of them. XD A cat pwnt her when she was just a puppy, so I guess it's a trauma or something. She's also afraid of thunderstorms (okay, understandable) and ANTS. Yeah, ants, little black things. She'll sniff them and whine, backing away whenever we come across a trail of them. Jeez. XDD [Zoku's post]

We have a local cat we call Psycho cat. . . not because it's angry and aggressive,

but because it seems to have no sense of fear.

I'm walking my three, all of whom will make a light snack of this idiot cat.

However everytime it sees us it jumps up and trots happily across the road.

Tail up high in the air, and lays down on the pavement in front of us.

I'm now practically at the horizontal hauling my 3 around this dumb arse cat.

it then gets up and proceeds to follow us up the road.

I think the cat just likes to see me suffer, as I drag my drooling pack away, arms straining. biggrin.gif

We have a local cat we call Psycho cat. . . not because it's angry and aggressive,

I think the cat just likes to see me suffer, as I drag my drooling pack away, arms straining. biggrin.gif

OH!!!! my outdoor cat boris (well he's not really mine persay he just lives in our yard and never leaves) is like that...he even tries to SHARE his kill always bringing mice/birds and dropping em on purpose in front of loki. He will even rub against loki when he tries to potty

aww bless him thats cute lol

theres this cat near me who is very territorial of his garden if a dog goes on his garden prepare 2 b chased - have u seen 3 big dogs run away from a cat - i have i nearly wet myself laughing when this tiny ginger n white cat chased my 3 :rofl: n yet they still pull 2 the garden when we get near it lol

:lol:

LOL Andy I think that must be the ghost of our cat Charlie (who we had to have put to sleep last December at the grand ol age of 18!) it sounds just like he was :lol:

Dino and Ava have always been used to our cats (now singlar cat) but now Enzo and Miya have had to learn the hard way from or current cat Tilly who is very much the queen bee of our household and has laid several claws in pokey husky noses :lol: Unfortunately they are no match for our Tilly!

Oh and Vince lol at Mickey. Can you tell Claire that it looks like Enzo is on his way to a new home on Sunday - I don't know whether to cry or cheer - probably cry cos I'll miss him loads but cheer cos he is off to a forever home with 2 other huskies and a golden retriever. :D