AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Lil Miss Bump

i have just had phonecall number 7 that's right SEVEN off a stupid company called Nationwide Surveys.

I am sick to death of the calls!!!!

Does anyone have any info about where I can get taken off these dialler things because 1 a day i can deal with but 7 (4 since i got home at 6.30pm!) is just a joke!!!!

the best one was the other week when someone rang me from 'sky' asking me to renew my warenty.....and when i said no they asked why and i said because i know it's a scam and you take direct debits from the bank account under different reference numbers until people close their bank accounts and she wen't 'ok, sorry and hung up!!!

If you would like to stop unsolicited telemarketing calls from companies (including BT), please contact the Telephone Preference Service on 0845 0700707 or do this online at www.tpsonline.org.uk and register your telephone number(s). Direct marketing calls should stop after 28 days.

;)

Its free and nobody should have to pay for this. I did it ages ago and its worth it

If you would like to stop unsolicited telemarketing calls from companies (including BT), please contact the Telephone Preference Service on 0845 0700707 or do this online at www.tpsonline.org.uk and register your telephone number(s). Direct marketing calls should stop after 28 days.

;)

Its free and nobody should have to pay for this. I did it ages ago and its worth it

Thanks for that marc :up:

Cheers Marc. . . we get tons of these +1

Withheld / international / external call / 0845

we just ignore them.

but it would be nice NOT to come home and have to delete 20 missed calls.

registered.

I know exactly how u feel! solicitors are really bad lately.

Last week Ive had some 60 calss from various 800 numbers and others that I know nothing about, to

make matters worse we have lots of door-to-door sales people that come by this time of year in hawaii.

Ive hit my absolute limit this year, and Ive actually shut the door right in someones face this week cuz the

guy kept on and on trying to sell to me when I was blatently saying no and getting red in the face.

Its maddening. Hope you are able to get those calls to stop.

we had to do this a few years ago....we had a few companies come and see us about putting in UPVC windows as we used to have the original wooden windows in....we decided on safestyle but we also had a quote from virgo......since that day of the visit virgo would ring 3-4 times per week mithering us to death about different offers they had and if we were interested in having the windows installed off them, we told them when they were at the house we werent gunna go with them as safestyle were almost 4K cheaper!!!

i was very pregnant at the time and it was beginning to get me down- as if being the size of a semi detatched house wasnt bad enough i had to deal with these stupid phonecalls every day almost.....this continued for weeks and weeks after, everytime they rang i would tell them to stop calling and to remove our details from their database...this didnt work :angry:

along came chloe and we were still getting the calls (not good when youve been up twice in the night doing night feeds) i was so sick of it, so we registered our phone number with a company called

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

fink this may be the one marc said?? it took about 14days to hear a response from them but it worked..we no longer recieve calls just junk in the post.......we may be doing it to safestyle too if the keep hounding us lmao :lol:

Found a forum thread online about Nationwide Surveys, apparently people have been called rude and all sorts and threatened that the calls will get worse until they answer the surveys.

Apparently they respond to people who talk back in the hope that they will be able to get more information off them even if it is through anger, so if they do call and you hang up as soon as you know its them without saying a word they will soon get the idea that they will get no information off you and the calls should stop.

Here is the link for the thread if anyone is interested:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=33658975

Just had another call whilst writing this post. Third one today!

I had a bloke once who said he would ring me 200 times if I didnt answer, so I told him to F off.

Rang back twice over the next hour, said he would keep doing it but must of got bored as it stopped after the 2nd.

Register with the TPS like Mark and Tamz mentioned, I did ages ago, and if they still ring you, ask them for their details and report them to the TPS

Get a whistle...like a referee one with a pea in it and blow it down the phone...although you might annoy the caller so much, that they carry on ringing you just to annoy you..

I had to go to this extreme measure once as I was targeted by a pervy/heavy breather several years ago..he got the message although I did worry for a while that I burst his eardrum..as he never called again.