Recent holiday pics

Rosemary

We recently went on a short holiday. We were lucky enough to be able to take a helicopter ride, only managed to take a few photos and half of them were a blur - probably because I was shaking so much.

The next day we were booked to go on a safari on horse back - that was a really unbelievable experience - the scariest part was coming far too close to a hippo (they are HUGE) who was wallowing in a pool, luckily the horses are as scared of them as I was so we didn't stay too long. The rest of the animals were great, they are used to the horses and paid no attention to us, we got so close to them that we could practically count the eyelashes on the giraffes. They were awesome, so inquisitive. The lions were obviously kept in an area separated by a huge very strong fence. We could see them among the trees, but luckily they seemed to be well fed and didn't seem interested in us at all.

Finally we went on a tree top canopy tour in the Tsitsikama forest - you are hooked up to a line suspended between the trees and travel from tree to tree - definitely not for the faint hearted or if you are afraid of heights. I never took photos of this as we ordered the photo pack but when we got home there was a video but no CD of photos :(

We were also going to do a bungee jump. We got as far as the platform and watched a few guys jump, and I thought no way am I doing that - there is a limit to what I'll do. My husband was very relieved as he was not keen either, but if I had jumped, he would have had to jump as well :) anyway, we'll leave that one to the younger generation I think :)

post-1262-13585954929535_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13585954930082_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13585954930635_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1358595493119_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13585954931741_thumb.jpg

Very nice. . . lol your first pic of the road could be in england. . . lolbiggrin.gif

Oh Rosemary, that bungee jumping is scary stuff. I saw a guy hit is head, cord broke. Pretty graphic to say the least. No way would I do it. Pics are fantastic. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.