What is wrong with my husky?!?!?

baja ss

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think most people who dont know the proper terms for a husky coat will call a red husky a brown husky - people call my blaze a black and white husky - buts hes not black and white he is a wolf grey - but people dont know that

welcome to the pack ahmed - i hope youve found everyones advice useful - and i hope you will upload some pictures of your pup (whats his name?) for us all to see :)

heres a couple of videos of mine running riot - its natural husky play :)

this is Blaze playing rough with Bingo - my staffy x

Blaze and Skyla playing rough

this 1 is better because they keep trying to grab on each other

if you want i have a few more videos of them playing rough - if u want to see them let me no and ill post some more up :)

As everyone above has said...my two when they get started well we jast all stay out the way as to not getting bowled over......lol. He is only 3mths cuddles and lots of play but short and often. I think anyone bringing a puppy home its hard and when it is a husky well its very hard....lol.

Good luck babe everyone is here to help and welcome to the mad house.

hey guys

i discoverd what happend to him yesterday

all thanks to u guys :D

he wanted to run all around the house but he had his leash on or should i say the rope

so he couldnt run and he got mad

today i kept him without a leash and he ran everywhere and was sooooo happy:D

and DW about the heat at the morning time he stays in his place or in the shade he doesnt like too much heat

i take him for walks when the sun is down so he wont burn his paws, the ground becomes like an oven in the morning :o .

annd he was okay and more playfull than before

oh yea and his place is air conditioned for sure

he has all his water.

i have some simple questions to ask

1. why does he dig his water bowl?

2. how do i kno if hes starting to get hot?

thanks for the help, your advices helped me alot today .

hey guys

i discoverd what happend to him yesterday

all thanks to u guys :D

he wanted to run all around the house but he had his leash on or should i say the rope

so he couldnt run and he got mad

today i kept him without a leash and he ran everywhere and was sooooo happy:D

and DW about the heat at the morning time he stays in his place or in the shade he doesnt like too much heat

i take him for walks when the sun is down so he wont burn his paws, the ground becomes like an oven in the morning :o .

annd he was okay and more playfull than before

oh yea and his place is air conditioned for sure

he has all his water.

i have some simple questions to ask

1. why does he dig his water bowl?

2. how do i kno if hes starting to get hot?

thanks for the help, your advices helped me alot today .

achmed dug his water bowl when he was a pup too, he grew out of that pretty quick when he learned that just makes less water for him to drink lol and if he starts panting really heavily, lays in front of a fan or the coolest place he can find, that's when he's hot, i have a kiddie pool for achmed so when i take him outside to play he mostly plays in that... he absolutly loves it, and if i dont have water in it he'll sit in it and woo woo at me lol ... it's really cute... and if you have a floor fan, point it at the ground and he'll lay there to cool off... achmed has his own fan in the living room lol ... spoiled little brat lol... hope that helps!

amm

i exercise him for hours i walk with him until i dont have the strength to go back home:rolleyes:

about his color hes brown and white :blink:

i dunnow how to post pic's so some help is needed.

and i may make mistakes cuz im trying to learn how to live with a husky

and in time i will know exactly how to

the thing is that in dubai not much people own dogs, and most ppl dont have some experince with dogs, needless to say that our religion isnt good with having dogs, but despite that i got him :)

and here we dont have parks for dogs or friends who has dogs to play with mine .

so il try to fit his needs.

thanks alot

post-2283-13585956527164_thumb.jpg

this pic was taken before a while when he was still smaller.:)

oh yea and i wanna know what color is that and what is his type named?

oh and his name is Wolvy

hope u like him :lol:

well wolvy is super cute! I'm not real good at separating the different types of huskies but i'm sure someone on here who has more experience with that can asnwer... he definatly looks very very sweet, glad you two joined the site!!!

i exercise him for hours i walk with him until i dont have the strength to go back home:rolleyes:

lol althou good amounts of exercise is great and nice an enthusiastic to much exercise at 3 months can do as much damage as good while they are developing still it was said previously its recomended they do 5 mins per month of age so 3 month will be 15 mins of walking at 3 times a day same as with my lil pupp :D

You're sibe is gorgeous

lol althou good amounts of exercise is great and nice an enthusiastic to much exercise at 3 months can do as much damage as good while they are developing still it was said previously its recomended they do 5 mins per month of age so 3 month will be 15 mins of walking at 3 times a day same as with my lil pupp :D

You're sibe is gorgeous

lol he never got tired

but i always make sure he isnt tired or exhuasted

if he was i would carry him back home :D

lol my yougest aches my arms after all her carrying :D

But just be careful its not about how tired they are its jus about damage to joints being over worked they are none the wiser t this conept an will go all day lol... but carryingthem gets loads of attention from people lol

He is beautiful Ahmed :) Super cute. I am so glad you sorted out the reason for his earlier behaviour.

When you get his splash pool he will dig in it, the same as with his water bowl, splashing water all over himself. He will love you for it.

To try and keep him cool you can put a towel in the freezer and give it to him to lie on.

You can also make him some treats - freeze some bite sized fruit in water, and give it to him to nibble on when he is hot.

Whatever you do do not shave your husky.

These are a few links you might find helpful.

http://www.webheads....Heat_Stress.pdf

http://www.husky-own...h__1#entry30619

http://www.husky-own...h__1#entry18529

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your Husky :) And please let us know how he is doing.

hes gorgeous need more pics please :D lol

like keath said at 3 months old he will only need about 15 mins walk a day - also like keath said it wont b about them being tired its about their bone development - over exercise will damage their bones when they get older

you can tired him out by doing some training with him - mental stimulation will tire him out soooooo much more than walking will :)

Firstly it is 5 mins of exercise per month the dog is alive, so 3 months 15 mins, 5 months 25 mins PER walk, or you will damage his joints

Secondly it is normal, when Alaska was 3 months and in he crate she would have wide eyes and bite the bars of the crate whist growling and barking - and the whole time she would look us dead in the eye, or she would stare at us whilst violently shredding her toys - my mum said to me "tan, i could swear she's making a point she's not happy in there!" << do ya think mum lol It is normal Husky behavior.