Talon is a MALAMUTE not a Husky

meeshsalts

Talon is a Malamute not a Husky

med_gallery_1427_2_357902.jpg

and. . . ??

we'll love him just the same. biggrin.gif

Where ever we take Shaer and Talon people assume he is a Husky and Shaer is a puppy, we plan to get tshirts printed with a pic of Talon on saying 'I'm a malamute not a bloody husky' and one of shaer saying 'I'm a husky and not a puppy':D

PMSL. . . that's funny laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Malamute/ Husky

We constantly have confusion................but hey we love them!!!!!!!!!!

had a Husky/Malamute x..............a birthday present, was supposed to be a Husky, wasn't but will always be my heart dog and miss him every day. tears are falling as I write this, but my rehomed boy Finn,a gorgeous Husky, is so deserving of a great life.

To me whether they are a breed or a xbreed ( b/c of unethical breeders) they definately form a core for the family.

Love my boy Finn.............and Zultan will be forever in my heart.

And hey Talon is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ever we take Shaer and Talon people assume he is a Husky and Shaer is a puppy, we plan to get tshirts printed with a pic of Talon on saying 'I'm a malamute not a bloody husky' and one of shaer saying 'I'm a husky and not a puppy':D

I think this was aimed at me - I made a comment 'Beautiful Husky' on one of the photos posted. Sorry !!.

BUT - 'I'm a malamute not a bloody husky' ???? I think 'I'm a malamute not a husky' will will get your message across just fine

I think this was aimed at me - I made a comment 'Beautiful Husky' on one of the photos posted. Sorry !!.

BUT - 'I'm a malamute not a bloody husky' ???? I think 'I'm a malamute not a husky' will will get your message across just fine :angry:

When you go out and 20 people will say I love your husky it gets a bit annoying, For years people said it's a fox, it's an akita,it;s a wolf etc to buck I wanted to shout he's A husky not a bloody Akita At least now adays most people see a husky and and I love your husky, but Talon is twice the size of a Husky so maybe in 10 years most people will look at him and say I love your Malamute.

In fairness to people, neither the Malamute or the Huksy (to an extent) are well known breeds here. Don't get me wrong I fully agree that some people are complete numpties blink.gifblink.gif, but mistaking a Malamute for a Husky (or vice versa) around here isn't that big of a faux pas. Especially as a lot of the 'huskies' in movies (which is where most people get their knowledge about dogs) are actually malamuteshuh.gif.

Believe me I know all about being stopped and asked what my dog is and being met with blank faces when I say she is a Malamute cross, most people have never heard of the breed. We get whispers ALL the time of people trying to work out what Nikita is.

You should try to use the time to educate them, unless of course they confuse him with something like a Labrador or a German Shephardsmile.gifsmile.gif. I know it can be annoying but most people just don't know any better, the more people you educate the less people there will be out there having to askbiggrin.gif

In fairness to people, neither the Malamute or the Huksy (to an extent) are well known breeds here. Don't get me wrong I fully agree that some people are complete numpties blink.gifblink.gif, but mistaking a Malamute for a Husky (or vice versa) around here isn't that big of a faux pas. Especially as a lot of the 'huskies' in movies (which is where most people get their knowledge about dogs) are actually malamuteshuh.gif.

Believe me I know all about being stopped and asked what my dog is and being met with blank faces when I say she is a Malamute cross, most people have never heard of the breed. We get whispers ALL the time of people trying to work out what Nikita is.

You should try to use the time to educate them, unless of course they confuse him with something like a Labrador or a German Shephardsmile.gifsmile.gif. I know it can be annoying but most people just don't know any better, the more people you educate the less people there will be out there having to askbiggrin.gif

We usually explain the differances between the breeds.

and Meesh, that's the best thing you can do ;) they think they know best, I have been told by a non-husky owner that Myshka is not a sibe - I have her KC papers proving the opposite, but I just say "Oh, really, thanks for that, how can you tell?" & see what bull they come up with!! Some of the excuses keep me giggling for days!!

you get used to the odd things people come out with.

micha and suki have been

arcitc wolf

grey wolf

timber wolf

arctic fox

white german shepherd dog

akita

unable to figure out what micha is and ask me what she is

i have been told it is cruel to keep huskies in such a warm place (which really annoys me as i am careful about the heat, and regular dog owners take their dogs out in 32C heat to meet the other dog owners and the poor dogs pant like crazy. when it gets to hot my 2 go out later when its cooler)

i get all the sledge jokes

i get that huskies are dangerous and should be muzzled

all the usual comments

just remember how fantastic your malamute and your husky are and don't listen to what anyone says.

ps i think your mal looks great

I always get..."Why is your husky so small?" Meanwhile, Silver is large for a husky (25" at the withers, and a lean 67lbs). So I always say, "You're probably thinking of an Alaskan Malamute, they're quite a bit larger, but look very similiar. Then they say, "What's an Alaskan Malamute?"...........lol. Now I just tell people he's an Alaskan Klee Kai, and they get really confused.:blink:

I also had someone ask me if Silver was an Ikea. I said, "No I didn't get him from a furniture store and I think you mean Akita."

Oh well, I'm the same way when it comes to small dogs. I have no idea what breeds they are, so I just refer to them as squirrels....lol.

I find that most people who try to make a guess at Dakota's breed -- right or wrong -- are just interested and trying to start up conversation. I try to not take offense where none's intended. I ask about dog breeds all the time at the park -- I had the pleasure of meeting a pair of Bedlington terriers after never having seen one before.

Although I did come off looking like an arse once I think -- there were these two huskies that had very, very long coats -- tufts off the backs of the legs and everything, and I was there with Dakota and asked the woman what breed they were. When she told me that they were huskies, I felt very stupid and hoped that I hadn't offended her. I've never seen huskies like that!