Smoeky slipped his harness.

Smokey

He's back safe and sound though so no worries.

I took him out last night for our walk. We got only about 1/10 of the way into our walk and somehow he managed to duck out of his harness. I really wish I was an expert at putting these things on. I had a horid time trying to get the easy lead harness on properly and even his collar i don't know if it's too tight sometimes. With his collar I'm afraid that when he runs around it might get caught somewhere. Scary thought no? my cats collars all snap off....

Anyway sorry for the change in topic. So Smokey ran about 200 feet away from me and when I called his name he turned around and flew right passed me. He went into a neighbors backyard. They have a massive pit bull that stands at their backyard gate and smokey just tried to growl and get to it. I tried to catch him but he ran off again. Finally I dove face first into him and got a hold of his fur; yanked him back and grabbed his collar.

The little brat left me feeling like a rag doll when I got home and he walked as if nothing had happened....

oops what a terror glad u got him back :) mine have never tried 2 slip their collars - i loosened skylas harness once cuz shes fat n it was too tight n i loosened it n she stepped out of it :blink: luckily she didnt notice she was free lol

lol nix...skyla is silly. she's not 'fat' she's big boned. funny she didn't notice she wasn't in her harness.

Glad you got smokey back.. . . . biggrin.gif

Darwin has slipped out of his collar once and managed to unclip his lead from his collar by sliding along

the ground. . . they really are four legged houdini's. . . . biggrin.gif

As long as Smokey isn't headed for the hills, when he gets loose. . . . DON'T CHASE HIM.

If you chase him he will see it as a game and run away then past you and away again, forcing you to chase him.

walk slowly and calmly towards him, talking in a low calm voice. when you get about 10 feet away crouch down or sit on the ground and call to him as if you would in the home. calm and happy.. . he should just trot over to you or allow you to approach and clip him on.

Always slow and calm. It may take several approach attempts. before he calms down and realises you are not play / chasing him.

Glad you got smokey back.. . . . biggrin.gif

Darwin has slipped out of his collar once and managed to unclip his lead from his collar by sliding along

the ground. . . they really are four legged houdini's. . . . biggrin.gif

As long as Smokey isn't headed for the hills, when he gets loose. . . . DON'T CHASE HIM.

If you chase him he will see it as a game and run away then past you and away again, forcing you to chase him.

walk slowly and calmly towards him, talking in a low calm voice. when you get about 10 feet away crouch down or sit on the ground and call to him as if you would in the home. calm and happy.. . he should just trot over to you or allow you to approach and clip him on.

Always slow and calm. It may take several approach attempts. before he calms down and realises you are not play / chasing him.

n u didnt tell us that at camp when he got loose twice!? :o lmao

n u didnt tell us that at camp when he got loose twice!? :o lmao

Lol first was before the meet and once since. . . . biggrin.gif

First time he tugged backwards and his collar slipped over his head.unsure.gif

unsure.gifSecond time he was rubbing his whole body along the ground. . . "face surfing"

and in doing so he unclipped his leadohmy.gif

i meant when he got loose AT camp lol 1st with my epic save :P 2nd when me n kelly were tryin 2 get him bk n sarah dropped her boys 2 grab him!? lol

lol. . . yeah. . . I think we need to tie a concrete block around his neck. . . laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif