Come to the conclusion..............

Lil Miss Bump

that Ozzy is DEFINATELY a huskamute!!!

we'd never actually seen a mal before until Talon yesterday and then Sheena(?) and Tiko today....................

the ears and face are all husky but from there backwards he's mal thru and thru..........the similiarities were just crazy!!! the dead giveaway being the tail!!!

doesn't matter to us at all he's our Ozzy and we love him exactly the same!!!!

SDC12897.jpg

SDC12887.jpg

I think its amazing how many of our huskies do look like they might have Mally in them somewhere back in their history.. I think my Shadow does.. we met up with one of Nukka's brothers yesterday, Memphis, he was the biggest one out of the litter and first born, hes bigger than Nukka but Shadow towered over him and hes big for a husky so I deff think Shadow has some Mally in there. Thats why I nearly laughed out loud when I first took Shadow to the vets for his jabs and the vet said "well hes small for a husky isnt he?" I was like actually no hes HUGE for a husky I think he may have Malahmute in him, the vet said Malawhat? I was like OOOOOOOKay then!? Will wait and make an apointment with the other vet next time we go in! :huh:

I think its amazing how many of our huskies do look like they might have Mally in them somewhere back in their history.. I think my Shadow does.. we met up with one of Nukka's brothers yesterday, Memphis, he was the biggest one out of the litter and first born, hes bigger than Nukka but Shadow towered over him and hes big for a husky so I deff think Shadow has some Mally in there. Thats why I nearly laughed out loud when I first took Shadow to the vets for his jabs and the vet said "well hes small for a husky isnt he?" I was like actually no hes HUGE for a husky I think he may have Malahmute in him, the vet said Malawhat? I was like OOOOOOOKay then!? Will wait and make an apointment with the other vet next time we go in! :huh:

Thing is with vet is that I don't think they get taught breed specifics only species and then read up more breed info as and when they get them. Ours were the same when we went there, They didn't know much about huskies when we went there the first time, but by the second time they knew more about them. Just made me remember that I need to tell them he's part mute as well lol, we weren't sure at the time when we registered him as the prev owners told use he was pure breed sibe :rolleyes:

I've seen a few sibes that are definately pure bred that have tails that look more like a mal, huskamutes that just look like a large sibes... so he could easily be just a large male sibe or a huskamute. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day he's lovely :)

Our kodi came from shcgb welfare, he is according to his kc papers a pedigree sibe. He does however stand at least 3" taller than our biggest male (who is bigger than the breed standard) and has a head that looks suspiciously mal like (broader than a sibe, wider set ears, etc) and has a few behaviour traits that are more malamute than sibe... We will never know, he may just be funny looking for a sibe lol, a genetic throwback of some sort :) or he may be the result of a little creativity on his pedigree ;) we love him all the same and he competes in rallies with the others (he LOVES to run) so it doesn't matter to us one bit.